Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Exhaust - 2015 STi (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/68213-exhaust-2015-sti.html)

rubasu 25-05-2017 08:27 PM

Exhaust - 2015 STi

G'day guys,

I haven't posted up on here for years. No idea if people are still around however wanted to get some advice so thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm keen to get a new exhaust system for my 2015 STi. Questions I have are:

1. Are the Varex adjustable systems any good? I'd like to be able to be able to put the car into stock volume level at times when I need to for work etc.

2. Can the stock exhaust tips be used in conjunction with a Varex system? I suspect this might be difficult as it's twin rear pipes..

3. Does the car need to be tuned with a full turbo back exhaust? I assumed 100% that it would but I contacted one of the recommended Varex installers last week and they said no... Perhaps just bad advice.

4. Any recommendations on best installer/s to contact to discuss?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Sneakynuts 25-05-2017 08:49 PM

I used to have a MY15 Sti with a custom built exhaust by Max motorsport ( think it was a butler exhaust but hapy to be proved wrong)

I used to track it alot and people always said it sounded very good

seagull 25-05-2017 09:09 PM

Hi Chris, good to see you back on here mate

I know Scotts working out of bently now so he would be the best person to ask about the stock exhaust modifications.

The varex are amazing. I had one on my 04 STI the best idea ever with single system. Stealth mode just flick the switch. I had a Buttler system but this was just to loud for my requirements.

Yes you will need a tune with the exhaust, but you can get a Cob access port for this model now. Don't get locked into a tuning format, ie Ecutec

I have a 15/16 with the invidia system if you want to go for a spin to see what it sounds like. The quality is faultless

You can also get a copy system at Vison R, looking at this system it's amazing quality.

nick73 25-05-2017 09:24 PM

I don't understand how the Varex can work on the g3/g4 platforms. Won't the system cause exhaust gas restrictions when closed for stealth mode?

My Betty's afr's went fucktard after Racetorque put a different muffler with a new pipe configuration.

Ie: it was tuned with a straight pipe(no muffler) then we swapped it to a muffler with two 90 degree bends in it. Two weeks later the ecu was a sped and it had to be completely retuned to the new muffler.

No major issues after that.

Startodo 26-05-2017 05:06 PM

I put a Invidia R400 catback on my 2015 sti and it sounds pretty sweet. A lot more character than the turbo back I had on my 07 xt forester. Some nice back pops on down down shifts too :-)

ULTREX 30-05-2017 09:31 PM

Hi Chris - no idea on the varex - but I have our new Ultimate Series exhaust on our my15 sti - and these are $1600 TBE - The quality is as good as you can get - irrelevant of price.
If you want to have a listen let me know and will take you for a blast..pretty pictures and sound clip here
[url=http://www.ultrex.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=571]SUBARU STI MY15-17 TURBO BACK EXHAUST ULTIMATE SERIES - $1,599.00 : ULTREX PERFORMANCE - BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK IN PERFORMANCE PARTS[/url]
cheers
Rob

Sneakynuts 31-05-2017 08:52 AM

Remember anything Turbo back is gonna need a tune

seagull 31-05-2017 12:31 PM

Gumtree there is a full Buttler system dirt cheap

seagull 31-05-2017 12:33 PM

Will be in Perth 6th for flyby of sound with the invider

Flames may be present from rear of car with 2000cc injectors

rubasu 12-06-2017 09:51 PM

Sorry dude I was out of town the last week and only just saw your post! If you're ever up this way again flick me a message and I'll try meet ya somewhere.