Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Who is gonna blow up their engine first????? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/7008-who-gonna-blow-up-their-engine-first.html)

BLUES 28-09-2006 10:02 PM

[QUOTE=wai]yer that was mine[/QUOTE]

I'd still like to know which workshop/tuner you've been using?

jEstEr? 28-09-2006 10:58 PM

last i heard, it hasnt been running yet to pop, still having work done

POLARBEAR666 29-09-2006 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=tuna]heh, double vote on WAI for how long the 2.5 is going to last.[/QUOTE]

LOL bet my 2.5 lives longer than your 2L. Its already an older motor than yours as its from an american liberty in the late 90's.

They don't make the new 2.5's like they used too.

Sethor 29-09-2006 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]LOL bet my 2.5 lives longer than your 2L. Its already an older motor than yours as its from an american liberty in the late 90's.

They don't make the new 2.5's like they used too.[/QUOTE]

But yours does not have stock internals, how can you compare them?

Intra 29-09-2006 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]LOL bet my 2.5 lives longer than your 2L. Its already an older motor than yours as its from an american liberty in the late 90's.

They don't make the new 2.5's like they used too.[/QUOTE]

Even so.. does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

Its all very "my wang is bigger then you're wang".

Why not just settle this at the plex?

Miggidy 29-09-2006 11:28 AM

man where has this thread been!?!?!

HAHA! funny shit!

So Wai, whats the G-O? Engine work completed? Blown the block? updates dude!

BOMB3R 29-09-2006 11:45 AM

haha look at all you vultures! Soon you'll be selling of his parts!

[BANNED] 29-09-2006 11:51 AM

Polar....mate... yes yours may have a bigger displacement, and yes your penis might be bigger, so how about you put your money where your mouth is and prove us all wrong. Until then.... keep sending pictures of yourself to more female members on the forum.

Miggidy 29-09-2006 12:12 PM

[QUOTE='[BANNED]']Polar....mate... yes yours may have a bigger displacement, and yes your penis might be bigger, so how about you put your money where your mouth is and prove us all wrong. Until then.... keep sending pictures of yourself to more female members on the forum.[/QUOTE]

haha nice work dan :D

Hey Polar maybe we need to see you down at the drags with the big number pdiddy cars. p-diddy drag day?

CDR RA 29-09-2006 12:19 PM

^^^^ Funny shit!!!! Polar, your mouth could do with an intercooler man. You blow nothing but hot air. The owner of the most over rated, talked up (only by yourself) underperforming 2.5 litre in Perth. Fuck the plex...How bout trying a track with some bends in it. :D

mr_psi 29-09-2006 12:24 PM

i will give a update on wai's car.. wai has purchased all the parts... they were all brand new cept the headers/manifold and this was previously modified by the previous owner and this caused the turbo not to fit on the up-pipe due to it hitting the brake cyclinder and booster... therefore the headers had to go to the exhaust shop to get modified and this has been done now... it is now at cypher industries gettin a full custom fabrication of somethin i am not sure what :D

trainwrex 29-09-2006 12:24 PM

back 2 the good ol days of polar bashing

REXESS 29-09-2006 12:24 PM

LOL luv it
polar wont run at the plex cos "he's a street racer fulleh" :icon_hock

oh yea and wot happened behind hamburger hill huh huh HUH oh yea thats right U GOT CHOPPED BY A GRRL anyone got that vid still ;)

BOMB3R 29-09-2006 12:32 PM

[QUOTE=REXESS]
oh yea and wot happened behind hamburger hill huh huh HUH oh yea thats right U GOT CHOPPED BY A GRRL anyone got that vid still ;)[/QUOTE]

haha Polar copping an ego bashing!

Though you'd prolly chop 99% of the guys on this forum anyway!

Kato 29-09-2006 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=Jaron]haha Polar copping an ego bashing!

Though you'd prolly chop 99% of the guys on this forum anyway![/QUOTE]

And wouldn't we all like that :D

Josh 29-09-2006 01:34 PM

hahahahha *gasp* hahahahaha

You don't need to hold his cock for him Jaron, his mouth does a pretty good job.

teejay 29-09-2006 02:04 PM

Except for Simons GTR despite the 100m run up....

wai 29-09-2006 06:09 PM

nothing is worng with the engine.

POLARBEAR666 29-09-2006 08:01 PM

LOL I wasn't saying mine is bigger than anyones. I was just pointing out the fact that my 2.5 was built correctly and has done more k's than most of your engines on a higher boost than most 2L's are on and still has not died. Therefore the 2.5's that have blown up recently are the result of poor workmanship during assembly not any fundamental problems with a 2.5 if its built up right.

Tuna is the biggest 2.5 basher around so I thought i'd point out my engines older and has more k's.

As far as underperforming goes.... my car makes 346@hubs at the wok which is spot on for a small turbo like my GT25. Its totally out of puff after 5500. If you wanna see what 240kw@wheels looks like on the freeway im happy to oblige, just rock up next to me on mitchell and its on. Hamburger hill was without a launch as we all know.... so launch vs no launch yawwn.. rolling start we all know who would have won.

If I was that concerned about dyno figures I would get my link tuned for race fuel and crank da boost up and then have this momentary peak power figure like some 2L owners do. Each to their own.

POLARBEAR666 29-09-2006 08:12 PM

By the way... Ive got my launching sorted and do them often...stalling it up on the handbrake as someone on here suggested I should do..... crab walking through intersections is great fun, as the passenger who is on this forum and went for a cruise with me recently knows.

LET THE POLAR BASHING COMMENCE... im off to watch my 42" High Def LCD TV because life is tough.

methd 29-09-2006 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=REXESS]LOL luv it
polar wont run at the plex cos "he's a street racer fulleh" :icon_hock

oh yea and wot happened behind hamburger hill huh huh HUH oh yea thats right U GOT CHOPPED BY A GRRL anyone got that vid still ;)[/QUOTE]

to be fair he has done a fair bit more sorting out on his car, and could clean you up pretty easy now carly :)

tuna 29-09-2006 08:38 PM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]LOL I wasn't saying mine is bigger than anyones. I was just pointing out the fact that my 2.5 was built correctly and has done more k's than most of your engines on a higher boost than most 2L's are on and still has not died. Therefore the 2.5's that have blown up recently are the result of poor workmanship during assembly not any fundamental problems with a 2.5 if its built up right.

Tuna is the biggest 2.5 basher around so I thought i'd point out my engines older and has more k's.

As far as underperforming goes.... my car makes 346@hubs at the wok which is spot on for a small turbo like my GT25. Its totally out of puff after 5500. If you wanna see what 240kw@wheels looks like on the freeway im happy to oblige, just rock up next to me on mitchell and its on. Hamburger hill was without a launch as we all know.... so launch vs no launch yawwn.. rolling start we all know who would have won.

If I was that concerned about dyno figures I would get my link tuned for race fuel and crank da boost up and then have this momentary peak power figure like some 2L owners do. Each to their own.[/QUOTE]

ive got 40,000 km's racked up on this engine in 2 years,
match my daily driver boost pound for pound (32psi) and you got yourself a race :)

JMAX 29-09-2006 08:40 PM

42" LCDs are so last year. Sharp 65" LCD is where it's at!

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]... im off to watch my 42" High Def LCD TV because life is tough.[/QUOTE]

POLARBEAR666 29-09-2006 09:18 PM

Yeah my dad wants that 65" sharp because it has 3ms refresh rate....and more importantly he will have a bigger screen than his dentist friend who shops in hong kong every other month.

Anyhow.... carly's rex and tunas rex are both great cars and very well built up and presented.

Carly beat me on the day fair and square. I figured I could beat her driving away off idle even if she launched and I was wrong (pitty it wasnt a standing K).

As PFFT has suggested my car is a bit more sorted out now. No cracked up pipe (3mm crack, 4cm long), boost hoses around engine bay all misrouted, crazy intercooler pipework etc etc. My only limit now on turning boost up from 20psi is the LINK CARBY. Anyone selling a motec?

207 de 30-09-2006 08:03 AM

forget the plex,

Whats the quickest time from the liberty Servo @ North Dandalup to the Railway Crossing in Dwellingup??? :) along Del-Park Rd????

Actually, I don't encourage anyone to try that, the outcomes would be fatal.

Polar, (Darren?? ) who built your 2.5? Was it done in WA? (serious question)

also, i am in the market for a 42in Flatscreen...Definately don't want to spend more than 3K and want Digital set top box built in...

Brands, plasma or LCD...I had a quick look at them and the picture on plasma is heaps betterer...

trainwrex 30-09-2006 10:58 AM

[QUOTE=atz 242]forget the plex,

Whats the quickest time from the liberty Servo @ North Dandalup to the Railway Crossing in Dwellingup??? :) along Del-Park Rd????

Actually, I don't encourage anyone to try that, the outcomes would be fatal.

Polar, (Darren?? ) who built your 2.5? Was it done in WA? (serious question)

also, i am in the market for a 42in Flatscreen...Definately don't want to spend more than 3K and want Digital set top box built in...

Brands, plasma or LCD...I had a quick look at them and the picture on plasma is heaps betterer...[/QUOTE]

PMS built it asfaik pete

POLARBEAR666 30-09-2006 02:18 PM

Yah Perfourmance built the short block and RT just put that short block into the engine bay with the stock V5 heads and other stuff.

Its a plate deck honed, closed deck liberty 2.5 N/A motor. I think the thing that has made mine last is that it was properly closed deck and then they bored it to make sure the bores were sraight and round.

with the LCD... I got the LG 42" high def LCD plus LG surround sound system including DVD/AMP for $4200 at JB Hifi. Has built in High Def tuner etc. Great picture and great sound.

LCD will last much much much longer than Plasma will.

waxdass 02-10-2006 07:26 AM

looks like lewis (Sethor) beats yas to it
bad luck with the EJ207 mate

BALISTC 02-10-2006 08:35 AM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]Its a plate deck honed, closed deck liberty 2.5 N/A motor. I think the thing that has made mine last is that it was properly closed deck and then they bored it to make sure the bores were sraight and round. [/QUOTE]

I was talking to a couple of people in the know, about torque honing, and they also believe its the key to making powerful 2.5 litre engines last.

trainwrex 02-10-2006 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]I was talking to a couple of people in the know, about torque honing, and they also believe its the key to making powerful 2.5 litre engines last.[/QUOTE]

instead of sleeving joe?? how much would this cost?? Would u choose this method instead of sleeving?

What about overheating? Could this also be a problem

BALISTC 02-10-2006 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=trainwrex]instead of sleeving joe?? how much would this cost?? Would u choose this method instead of sleeving?

What about overheating? Could this also be a problem[/QUOTE]

Torque plate honing is basically where plates are attached to the block deck face, and torqued down the same as the heads would be...this is so the block is "distorted" in the same way as it would be with the heads bolted on, and the bores can be bored perfectly straight and true with this load placed on them.

Sleeving has nothing to do with it, because whether you had sleeves or stock bores, you'd still torque plate hone them.

POLARBEAR666 02-10-2006 03:19 PM

engine temp sits at a steady normal figure on the link controller even in hot weather...... No heat issues.

AT least you know they can build short blocks that last, if they can get mine to go for so long with such bad engine management/treatment by previous owners.

[url="http://www.pms.net.au/03_enginekits.htm"]http://www.pms.net.au/03_enginekits.htm[/url]

IT is interesting to note that on all their engine kits they list Plate Deck Hone as a standard part of the mods.

[center][color=White]Please Note -2.5 Litre EXTRAS[/color]
[/center]
[b]PMS-FCD[/b]
Highly recommended for PMS25-BRSB
Full close deck block

[b]Price - $600[/b] [b]PMS-SCD[/b]
Highly recommended for PMS25-SRSB
Semi close deck block

[b]Price - $300[/b]

[b]PMS-11[/b]
Cylinder head stud kit 11mm x 1.25

[b]Price - $390[/b] [b]PMS-1-2[/b]
cylinder head stud kit ½" UNC

[b]Price - $390[/b] Modify block and heads for PMS-1/2

[b]Price - $350[/b]

trainwrex 02-10-2006 06:21 PM

i see joe, what is the rough costing to do this?? Would the sleeves that are put in be smaller than the actual bore size, so when u drill it out theres still the correct sleeve thickness?

Im also wondering if u just close deck the block then the bores have no where to move or split?? Would this be better then sleeving i wonder? Its also alot cheaper then sleeving.

POLARBEAR666 02-10-2006 06:39 PM

Fully closed deck is very strong.... but wont stand up to stupidly high boost like iron sleeves will

I think closed deck is enough for 25psi and below..... iron sleeves and closed deck for higher htan 25psi....

Either way...if u get it assembled at some shops the clearances will be greater than 10mm and it will just explode on stock boost.

trainwrex 02-10-2006 06:50 PM

But isnt closed decking providing support around the bores? to prevent their movement?

POLARBEAR666 02-10-2006 08:21 PM

Yes it is supporting the bore and stopping it from moving...but I think u will find that stupid boost pressure causing warping due to the heat? or bits of the bore to get damaged/go out of round eventually? Either way, Iron copes with heat better.

BOMB3R 26-11-2006 12:12 PM

WAI, just noticed your online.

Where is your car at?? What have you done to it so far??

Intra 26-11-2006 06:21 PM

Pop goes the wheasel?

wai 26-11-2006 06:30 PM

car should be ready in a few weeks.. it has been off road for abt 6 months.
i will post a thread then. ;)

BOMB3R 26-11-2006 07:08 PM

Cant wait!!!!