Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2019, 10:24 PM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

Any updates, how'd you go?
Dazza68 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to matto20v For This Useful Post:
Captain Buff (24-07-2019)
Old 24-07-2019, 11:55 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto20v View Post
Any updates, how'd you go?
G'day mate...cheers for showing some personal interest and checking back in...I appreciate that man

Yes I have spoken with MRT over East (as there is no doubt an EcuTEK tune will be involved at some point) and they said to head to RT. I will actually be on the phone to them tomorrow and have a chat about what I have going on...

My next door neighbour is an auto mechanic (and a decent bloke); he did my 10k service and alerted me then about the oil (it smelt like petrol) and when he put his 'ScanTool' (I think that's what they're called?) on it showed the O2 sensors in the exhaust were just talking gibberish to the ECU.

At my prompting I took around a six pack the past weekend and he jacked up (the wheels that is...yeah that's a pretty feeble attempt at humour but I ain't exactly ecstatic at the moment) and we had a look underneath. I've stated before that I am not here to point fingers and cop the 'they have done my cars for years and are great guys' rubbish. I just want to make sure that my car is not f***ed.

I will not say anything more about what I do know for sure publicly. PM is fine; hit me up if you are interested. Even after RT have had a look and found whatever out; I am not posting that here (again PM's welcome) UNLESS it is positive news. That is just plain respect for a place that did my mods and whom I cannot absolutely say f***ed up. Despite that though...the last thing I am going to do is take it back into MM.

nauli - mate I have nothing against you personally and I understand that you were just trying to stick up for a place that you like - however you just made things worse here man. What the hell you were hoping to achieve by ringing them about my wheels and then feeding back to me what that they had told you...mate I don't know. I was genuinely going to take your advice and call a truce and give them a call to see what we could figure out before you became involved. They fed you lies which you fed me thinking I'm a prick? Come on man...supposing company X had done shoddy work; do you think they would admit that to a third party? MYOB bro...

Again I will state that I have not intended to denigrate MM publicly and my apologies to any that think I have and have taken offence. My reason for posting here was to get some recommendations from guys who know more than me.

I will state a couple of things though; other than what has already been mentioned. From the J Pipe to the 'cat back' section needs to be replaced. They fixed the wrong BOV and that needs to be replaced as that is f***ing the whole system up. In the last couple weeks - if I warm it up in my garage for a minute before going for short trips - it will start to blow blue smoke.

Doesn't sound all that great - but I do not know engines so I will not jump to any conclusions. My next door neighbour is a great bloke but he does go a little over the top at times all the same he has definitely mentioned 'engine out' as a possibility...for a car that has just ticked over 13,000 km's that would not be cool.

Happy to mention what I know for sure on PM, otherwise I will get to RT ASAP and go from there.

Cheers matto
Peace
Old 25-07-2019, 06:01 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

I don't stick up for or criticise anybody without finding out the facts and some of the statements in your initial post lacked facts...they were suppositions. Anyway, good luck with Lane...I'm sure he will look after you.
Old 26-07-2019, 01:39 AM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

You cant bag MM on this website. Them and wrx club of wa are closely tied and they practically run this. I had a bad experience and was pretty much bashed online here. 9 years and on my second sti and I've never been back. Personally I copped a lazy job from RT as well.
Captain Buff likes this.

Last edited by drewgong; 26-07-2019 at 01:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to drewgong For This Useful Post:
Captain Buff (26-07-2019)
Old 26-07-2019, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgong View Post
You cant bag MM on this website. Them and wrx club of wa are closely tied and they practically run this. I had a bad experience and was pretty much bashed online here. 9 years and on my second sti and I've never been back. Personally I copped a lazy job from RT as well.
The most useful piece of information that could ever be given to anyone in Perth. My thanks...if this goes through and I am not admin blocked.

Well that leaves Tokyo or backyard cowboys from BumTree. Any further advances on that?
Old 26-07-2019, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
I don't stick up for or criticise anybody without finding out the facts and some of the statements in your initial post lacked facts...they were suppositions. Anyway, good luck with Lane...I'm sure he will look after you.
My initial post did not specify who did my mods.
I only said who did them when you asked...
Old 26-07-2019, 05:57 AM

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgong View Post
Drew....that is absolute crap mate and you know it...and you know that the WRX Club has nothing to do with this forum...never has (this forum was originally started in spite of the WRX Club)...and WRX Club has zero ties to MMS or RT or Tokyo MS or St Technic or Japline or any other workshop...amen.
Old 26-07-2019, 08:26 AM

starbo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Buff View Post
The most useful piece of information that could ever be given to anyone in Perth. My thanks...if this goes through and I am not admin blocked.

Well that leaves Tokyo or backyard cowboys from BumTree. Any further advances on that?
Try Mao at Evo-R
He can take awhile to respond as he basically does everything himself at the shop.
A lot of people bag him out, i'm not sure why, maybe for my comment above, i had him tune my WRX and it went really well, was my daily for 3 years, and if i ever had an issue, he was always happy to offer advice(even let me pop around to see him on a sunday to check something for me)
Old 26-07-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
Drew....that is absolute crap mate and you know it...and you know that the WRX Club has nothing to do with this forum...never has (this forum was originally started in spite of the WRX Club)...and WRX Club has zero ties to MMS or RT or Tokyo MS or St Technic or Japline or any other workshop...amen.
Nah that's enough right there. A brother put down his own personal opinion. Right or wrong he is entitled to do that. You wouldn't have been one of the guys that was shouting down Drew here when he spoke up before...would you?

Walk away bud.
Old 26-07-2019, 09:03 AM

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Buff View Post
Walk away bud.
Possibly you should walk away "bud"...untruths or incorrect suppositions deserve a challenge.....you know..."fake news"...
So are you now the self-appointed forum policeman?

btw...you know that brother Drew owns my old car don't you...?
nick73 likes this.

Last edited by nauli; 26-07-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Tags
2016, issues, mod, wrx