Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   2016 WRX Mod Issues (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/72462-2016-wrx-mod-issues.html)

Captain Buff 03-07-2019 08:13 PM

2016 WRX Mod Issues

First up: I really do not want to do this as I do not want to stir up a hornets nest. I have thought of the pros and cons for a while regarding posting in the manner I am going to...it comes down to 'I have nothing to lose'. Second: any who may remember my short lived tenure here and my alcohol fueled tirades have my apologies; I've been sober for years now...lost about 20kg as well!

Anyway...
A place in Perth did modifications on my MY17 WRX. I had issues from day one in terms of stalling, burning rich, a few other strange things.

It has recently come to my attention that I was provided with a catless TBE system (I do not want to get yellowed for sake of a few kW) and that the oxygen sensors in the exhaust system were sending gibberish to the ECU. Whether they were installed or not or are working or not is unknown. In fact whether an EcuTEK tune that was paid for was done is in doubt.

I live in the Northern Suburbs and would appreciate a recommendation of a company that can install a cat and ensure the oxygen sensors are in place. In addition that would require another EcuTEK tune. I would also like to chat to them about 'catch cans' and a couple of other things that I have found out since then may (or may not) be a good idea.

Recommendations would be appreciated...preferably (but by no means limited to!) guys that have 2015+ vehicles and have had work done to them. I understand that predominantly the chat here is about late 90's to late noughts Subaru's - and that's all cool with me! - but it would be good to hear from guys with relevant experience.

Cheers guys,
Peace

nauli 04-07-2019 06:59 AM

Who did your modifications (you can PM if you like)?

matto20v 04-07-2019 07:17 PM

I took my car to a place in Malaga, spent my hard earnt money, and walked away with a car no quicker than stock and idled like a brick. It would stall under any load at idle (air con, or even power steering - just turning the wheels at idle would cause it to stall).

I then took it to Racetorque Engineering in Wangara, I explained my woes, I drove in, and drove out a few hours later, and viola! It idled, it went like a rocket. Loved it!

Racetorque do ECUTEK, and many others (I have an Autronic)

Captain Buff 07-07-2019 09:42 PM

[QUOTE=matto20v;855153]I took my car to a place in Malaga, spent my hard earnt money, and walked away with a car no quicker than stock and idled like a brick. It would stall under any load at idle (air con, or even power steering - just turning the wheels at idle would cause it to stall).

I then took it to Racetorque Engineering in Wangara, I explained my woes, I drove in, and drove out a few hours later, and viola! It idled, it went like a rocket. Loved it!

Racetorque do ECUTEK, and many others (I have an Autronic)[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the response mate :)
My good mates brother had a 10 second Evo and he told me to head to RT. I really wish I had listened to him...but at the time I think I was a bit concerned that RT were Evo friendly and WRX not so...sucks to be me.

Race Torque seem to be the front runners. I know they do EcuTEK and from a brief chat they seemed to know what they were on about. Cheers for the response mate :)

[QUOTE=nauli;855151]Who did your modifications (you can PM if you like)?[/QUOTE]

I would PM but if you searched around the forum you would find my introduction and photos and whatever so I'll just say outright that it was Maximum Motorsports {{EDIT: My mods were done when they were in Welshpool...it seems they have shifted to Wangara now - which would make my request for a NOR tuner seem ridiculous! - however I was not aware they had shifted}}.

If a moderator wants to censor this post then I'll PM mate :)

nauli 08-07-2019 02:50 PM

There is more to this than meets the eye....I'll leave it to Capt Buff to update the facts...

nick73 08-07-2019 06:18 PM

Tokyo Motorsports in Welshpool.

XT43 09-07-2019 07:50 AM

please update Buffy!

Captain Buff 10-07-2019 12:11 AM

[QUOTE=nauli;855195]There is more to this than meets the eye....I'll leave it to Capt Buff to update the facts...[/QUOTE]

There is more to this. You have the PM and access to the photo nauli. Let me know if you want me to post the facts up here.

Cheers for that nick...I have heard good things about them as well...appreciate it :)

nick73 10-07-2019 04:40 PM

Tokyo's are not north of the river, but worth the hassle of extra travel. They are right next to the train station which is handy if you're leaving a car there overnight.

Captain Buff 13-07-2019 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=nauli;855195]There is more to this than meets the eye....I'll leave it to Capt Buff to update the facts...[/QUOTE]

I came on here only to ask for the guys on here who know a lot more about Subaru's than I do to give me recommendations as to where they PERSONALLY would go to get some work fixed. I did not come on here to trash the place that originally did my mods.

I appreciate your replies nick73 and matto20v and I will contact both RT and TMS in the new week to see what kind of approach they would recommend. Any other suggestions as to mod places and EcuTEK tuners are welcome and specific contacts at said companies (Race Torque and Tokyo Motor Sports) that may be best to talk with would be appreciated as well.

My thanks and apologies for any offence to all.

Peace