Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Std Map Sensor Whats Its Max? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/8144-std-map-sensor-whats-its-max.html)

POLARBEAR666 29-10-2006 10:14 PM

Std Map Sensor Whats Its Max?

What is the maximum boost that the standard map sensor can read?

Secondly are there any other boost cuts/fuel cuts in the car apart from ones that are regulated by the stock engine computer?

Cheers.

trainwrex 29-10-2006 10:17 PM

i had and was using the standard map sensor for 1.5bar.. i however dont think it can reach much higher than that reliably..

If ur wanting to boost more then just buy a motec/ delco unit..

POLARBEAR666 29-10-2006 10:22 PM

HMMM feels like sometimes im getting to the limit of the map sensor then cause ive turned off my links boost cut function and dont have any fuel cuts in place that I know of.

How much is a motec/delco unit and is it just a straight swap in terms of the ECU just getting the same old signal except it now reads higher boosts.

trainwrex 29-10-2006 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]HMMM feels like sometimes im getting to the limit of the map sensor then cause ive turned off my links boost cut function and dont have any fuel cuts in place that I know of.

How much is a motec/delco unit and is it just a straight swap in terms of the ECU just getting the same old signal except it now reads higher boosts.[/QUOTE]

yeah it plugs in i was running it with tek3 before the motec, not sure of price as i got it awhile ago..

POLARBEAR666 29-10-2006 10:40 PM

Sweet thanks for the info..... almost finished sorting out my problems now that I ACTUALLY make 20psi boost lol .

IMPRESHER 29-10-2006 10:59 PM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]Sweet thanks for the info..... almost finished sorting out my problems now that I ACTUALLY make 20psi boost lol .[/QUOTE]

So are you running 20psi on stock ecu or??

WRP10 29-10-2006 11:01 PM

He says Link in one of his posts on this thread :)

IMPRESHER 29-10-2006 11:05 PM

God damn dont follow my stupideties get a ECU A SAP , Autronics preforable and cheaper , that turbo and all your mods run on a stock "link" .......CRAYZ I thought i was....

POLARBEAR666 29-10-2006 11:06 PM

yah its 10 row Link ....not to be confused with a 6 row link. Basically if someone has a LINK and Antilag you know that they have sacrificed 400 points of mapping on fuel and ignition to do so. My cars 10 row uses those extra 400 points to smooth out the way the car drives. Definitely the best ecu mod I have done so far. RMS can do this for u with an upgrade chip on older links for fairly cheap

WRP10 29-10-2006 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=rexzist1]God damn dont follow my stupideties get a ECU A SAP , Autronics preforable and cheaper , that turbo and all your mods run on a stock "link" .......CRAYZ I thought i was....[/QUOTE]

Uhhh...... Link is an "aftermarket" ECU, its a standalone and is within the same capabilities as Autronics and MoTeC