Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Brake Upgrade complete (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/9606-brake-upgrade-complete.html)

EVL WRX 17-01-2007 10:43 AM

Brake Upgrade complete

Had a bit of work done on the car yesterday. Now running DBA 4000's, Braided lines and DS2500's front and rear. Also had a Cusco Master Cylinder stopper installed. Difference is amazing.. Gave them a little test on the way home (they were run in on the dyno during the day), and I nearly went through the windscreen!!!

Look good behind the works too..

Finally got a dyno run, 186kw's atw on MMS Mainline dyno (3rd gear), running rock steady 18psi and AFR's just dipping into the 11's..

Now to improve on the 13.3 at the plex and give some MC and wanneroo days a go...

jEstEr? 17-01-2007 10:54 AM

nice brett. still do wonder about that 3rd gear on the dyno tho. was a nice smooth car to drive when i drove it last, brakes should make a world of difference to your driving experience :)

joey89 17-01-2007 10:55 AM

Nice work!

I did the same thing when i got my 4000's and ultimate pads in gave it a test and nearly went through the windscreen haha

They are awesome for pissing people off in your car :D

BALISTC 17-01-2007 11:29 AM

Nice one!

Brakes are my next upgrade, mine are positively shagged (rotors are gone, pads are almost gone).

Chrus 17-01-2007 11:32 AM

Nice work Brett-I recently have put the same combo snugged up under my brembos-seems to work well :D .
Have found though that they are rubbish when cold and squeal something cronic-but after a couple of hard "taps" they come up nicely. You'll also find out what the limits of your tyres are..... :)

EVL WRX 17-01-2007 11:33 AM

Not sure why the run was in 3rd Matt, I was most interested in AFR's and boost so I'm not overly fussed with the power and torque figures.. a 12 sec 1/4 will satsify me enough as I'm already happy with it's street ability..

EVL WRX 17-01-2007 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=BugeyeSti]Nice work Brett-I recently have put the same combo snugged up under my brembos-seems to work well :D .
Have found though that they are rubbish when cold and squeal something cronic-but after a couple of hard "taps" they come up nicely. You'll also find out what the limits of your tyres are..... :)[/QUOTE]

Interesting Chris,

No squeals at all (they were run in for me though) even when cold, and the braking when cold is great as well.. I drove this morning with no issues whatsoever...

Chaddy 17-01-2007 01:49 PM

Sounds awesome man.... whats was the rough cost of the upgrade?
I'm looking at almost the identical parts for mine in a month or so.

EVL WRX 17-01-2007 02:04 PM

DBA 4000's - $780 inc from a forum member

Goodridge Braided lines - $340 inc from a rexnet trader

Cusco MSS - $100 landed from Perfect Run

Ferodo DS2500's - $511.50 inc supplied by MMS

Brembo brake fluid - ~$100 inc supplied by MMS

+ Labour of about $170 inc...

So pretty much spot on 2k...

And worth every cent too I might add...