Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   JDM TEIN SS V's AUS TEIN SS (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/9612-jdm-tein-ss-vs-aus-tein-ss.html)

EVL WRX 17-01-2007 02:11 PM

JDM TEIN SS V's AUS TEIN SS

Has anyone personally driven/ridden in two cars of the same make where one is using the JDM TEIN Super Street coilovers and another using the Aussie version?

I personally can't justify the extra 1k price tag to get the aussie ones.. I've had teins in my skylines and I didn't mind the stiffer ride because the handling was great.. And that was with older teins so the JDM SS's are going to be softer anyway.

Anyone have either set installed that is willing to take me for a test drive?

Cheers

nauli 18-01-2007 07:47 AM

I think you've answered your own question there mate...if you don't mind a harsh ride then buy the cheapies...

skeptic 18-01-2007 08:25 AM

You can have a ride in mine, 00 GC8 with JDM SS's.. once I have them regassed, they are starting to wear slightly now.

vyper 18-01-2007 11:45 AM

I should have my aussie spec teins on next wk if u wanna go for a spin. Im in Applecross.

stinga 18-01-2007 11:46 AM

Ben had the aussie spec ones in Rexilla, they rode very nicely, similar comfort level to my Grp4s I thought.
Al

muggz 18-01-2007 12:33 PM

im same with vyper on the SS's ... when we do the supercruise's at MV you can drive mine and get feedback?? ... mind u the plex is all flat roads :rolleyes: but its a start

EVL WRX 18-01-2007 01:09 PM

Thanks guys, will chat you you at MV Muggz and may take Vyper and Skeptic up on the offer of a ride. Only issue with Vyper is an 06 will ride better than an old classic regardless of suspension!!! ha ha ha

cheers

Brett

muggz 18-01-2007 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=EVL WRX]Thanks guys, will chat you you at MV Muggz and may take Vyper and Skeptic up on the offer of a ride. Only issue with Vyper is an 06 will ride better than an old classic regardless of suspension!!! ha ha ha

cheers

Brett[/QUOTE]

i can arrange to 'loosen' a few bolts if thats necessary to be at gc8 level :angel4:

teejay 18-01-2007 01:30 PM

Brett, ADM is definitely softer when set to soft, but on hard they are very much the same.

If you can hack it , go the JDM ones and party the other 1k away :)

Quite likely ill be going ADM ones shortly ... it appears the libbo is staying, and copping mods...

EVL WRX 18-01-2007 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=teejay]Brett, ADM is definitely softer when set to soft, but on hard they are very much the same.

If you can hack it , go the JDM ones and party the other 1k away :)

Quite likely ill be going ADM ones shortly ... it appears the libbo is staying, and copping mods...[/QUOTE]

So why are you going ADM then? huh? You like throwing money away do ya :P

My thinking to, JDM's set on full soft shouldn't be much (if any) firmer than what I have now (Koni shocks and stock springs) and I can then adjust from there...