Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Yeah well hopefully all that was checked and given the OK.

The APS Inlet I run is a factory diameter of 65mm, same diameter as the OEM one, which shouldn't throw out the calculations of the OEM AFM.

There is a 70mm version as i'm sure you are aware, and i'd say this would throw out the AFM's calculations a fair bit, what do you reckon?
Old 20-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX
There is a 70mm version as i'm sure you are aware, and i'd say this would throw out the AFM's calculations a fair bit, what do you reckon?
correct, its why some ECUTEK cars wont run properly with new aftermarket CAI's, as during the tune the AFM wasnt scaled correctly.

the 65mm version you have though will not present too much of an issue, although overall, anything that affects air entering/exiting the engine will change its efficency, which ultimately leads to a change in the tune. if it wasnt going to change the tune, there would be no need to make the modification in the first place... if you get my drift.

Long live the WRC
Old 20-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX
Will air temperatues have an impact? If so .. You need to do it all in the same day around the same time.

It's a hard mod to see a difference from.

If anything, I'd say Airflow would be the same, but spool would be a little sooner, and perhaps slightly better throttle response.

Colder charge temps = Better performance, less chance of detonation .. But also brings on issues of possible overboost when it's really cold.
yes i did it two days in the row at 4pm with around the same temp on both days...the other thing is I don't have a trending tool available so i got definate peaks of 3.11V but whether the Voltage increases earlier is hard to tell without a definate trend.
Old 20-07-2007, 04:56 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

rspct at standard level

The only problem I can see with these types of tests is that once the turbine is pumping its full boost, the limiting factor to the amount of air that is flowing through the intake is the turbine itself, leading to the same reading of air flow in both scenarios.

Now the rpm required to achieve full boost is a different story and I think this is what you guys should be focusing on in these tests.

Tags
air, busters, intake, myth