Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Daylight Saving Poll (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/10805-daylight-saving-poll.html)

impreza_GT 09-03-2007 09:27 AM

Daylight Saving Poll

Where getting close now to the end of the 1st Daylight Saving Period,

Just wondering and puting topic up for discussion What are your thoughts now that you have experienced it...

Me personally it screwed me over during the first weeks, time seem to go past so much quicker....but dont really mind now, dont really care...

so yeah, topic open for discussion if you like...

cheers John (Joker)

ImPreSiV 09-03-2007 09:31 AM

Well, I see i am the first to vote... I like it.... I enjoy the extra light in the evenings.

Köura 09-03-2007 09:34 AM

Love it, Daylight saving is great.

Not so good for people with kids..."but mum! it's light out side! I don't WANNA go to bed!!!"

PRODIGY 09-03-2007 09:36 AM

I love it...Being from the UK where we have daylight savings every year i was very happy when they introduced it here.

I cannot really see any major downside to having an extra hour of daylight at the end of the day.

As for the kids, i have two, and don't have any probs with them still going to bed when fatcat comes on the tv.

subastyln 09-03-2007 09:38 AM

dont mind it at all.

why not have it in the winter months when it gets dark at 5;30??

SINISTR 09-03-2007 09:40 AM

I also originally come from Europe and dayligh saving has been around since I was a kid. and i love it...

i just hope people would stop complaining and actually let the 3yr trial be a 3yr trial rather than trying to have a referendum after 1yr - just like 10yrs ago!

BOMB3R 09-03-2007 09:42 AM

Its great! Mornings are a bitch but worth it for the extended light.

People that have kids that complain that its still light when their kids go to bed CLOSE THE FUKN CURTAINS!

No I dont have kids :D

SINISTR 09-03-2007 09:44 AM

[QUOTE=PIGSTi] CLOSE THE FUKN CURTAINS!

No I dont have kids :D[/QUOTE]

hehe - but it FADES the curtains!!!! :eek:

BOMB3R 09-03-2007 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=SINISTR]hehe - but it FADES the curtains!!!! :eek:[/QUOTE]
hahaha more importantly the cows dont milk properly! I mean FFS no wonder we are labelled as a draconian state!

ImPreSiV 09-03-2007 09:49 AM

Notice how only the "I like it" people have commented. People who are against it are the ones with the silly excuse's or they just don't like it to be different.

If you were a morning person, and you get up and go for a run, or a surf at 5:00, i can understand. But unless thats the case, driving to work in the morning with the lights on doesn't have any effect on anyone. Altho, maybe your headlight globes won't last so long. They only have so many on's and off's you know!