Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Court Trial (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/10913-court-trial.html)

Adr3naL1N 13-03-2007 12:02 PM

Court Trial

Some of you may remmebr i was charged with reckless driving and a few of you put me onto a good lawyer..jeremy noble who i hired.

Well the trial date was for today, it was a reckless driving charge of 102 in a 50, i was pleading not guilty to that ias i was only going 80. We had a strong case. Anyway the courts were packed today with trails. And because of it and according to jeremy this never happens so i was lucky to get this, the prosecuting officers offered to downgrade my charge to dangerous driving. i was facing a reckless which is min 6 months loss of lisence and $1000 fine. Dangerous was max 800 min 400 fine and 6 demerit points. Now i had forked out alot of money for jeremy, and even so still stood a chance of losing in court and suffering the reckless charge, accepting the dangerous now would also allow for nearly half of the 2.5 grand to be refunded, going to court could also result in only downgrade to dangerous, but wouldnt recieve the refund of the lawyer fees.

So i nthe end i accepted the dangerous driivng charge, face the judge and she was pretty good, only fined me 500 bucks and 6 points. I was stoked, didnt have to go to trial and no loss of lisence. I had 6 points up until 2 weeks ago, late last week i recieved 3 points back that took me up to 9. So less this 6 im now stuck on 3 points til june 2009, nanna driving for the next 2.5 years. i was lucky, just glad ive suffered no loss of license and no reckless charge.

to anyone out there who faces charges when they are innocent, take it up to the pigs!!, ik admitted to 80 in the 50 but was never going to admit to the 105, and the way ive seen it ive come out ontop, coz ive got the charges downgraded. Im more the nhappy to accept this fine, as i admitted to the 80, just advice to anyone in a simlar boat, dont let them push you around!!!

tuna 13-03-2007 12:14 PM

good show
stick to your guns and it all comes out in the wash!

ImPreSiV 13-03-2007 12:22 PM

nice.

i tried to fight a charge once... i wrote a letter saying i'd see them in court... never heard anything back.. that was almost 4 years ago now.

methd 13-03-2007 12:26 PM

that's for all the haters who said you didn't stand a chance :) - i remember that thread clearly.

if you need ur licence for work, then it's definately worth the money.

American Dave 13-03-2007 01:39 PM

So less this 6 im now stuck on 3 points til june 2009, nanna driving for the next 2.5 years.

congrats on the outcome now you better change your change your name on p-wrx to Nannarex !! :D

teejay 13-03-2007 01:41 PM

Jezza FTMFW

RichX 13-03-2007 01:47 PM

I lost my liccy for 3 months, get it back in 5 days with all my points back! :D

DarkMoose 13-03-2007 02:11 PM

OMG I'm not the only one :D!
[QUOTE=American Dave]So less this 6 im now stuck on 3 points til june 2009, nanna driving for the next 2.5 years.

congrats on the outcome now you better change your change your name on p-wrx to Nannarex !! :D[/QUOTE]

Brendan08 13-03-2007 03:54 PM

Good stuff, stick it to them. They get away with too much those cops, another way they protect us!

sleepy 13-03-2007 03:57 PM

Awesome news!
Glad it worked out for you in the end.
I do remember reading the original posts.
3 Points is definitely better than ZERO.