Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   AFL Dribble Shit Thread (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/11333-afl-dribble-shit-thread.html)

Top-Deck 22-09-2014 09:46 PM

Great work with my main man Matty Priddis! Great win for a consistently good player who always plays for the team ;) I'm not embarrassed to admit fielding a man-crush for him <3

RUSSGT 23-09-2014 07:42 AM

Very supprised he got it but good on him! Quiet achiever!

BLUES 23-09-2014 02:55 PM

Priddis is an accumulator but not a match winner - def not in the class of Gazza, Selwood, Pendles, Danger, Stevie J, Gray, etc.

Lucky for him the rest of West Coast's midfield are fucking useless, so no one could steal his votes. Those 2 votes in the final round were very convenient for the AFL...

American Dave 23-09-2014 03:13 PM

we would never of heard then end of it from Anchor supporters....Bloody hell Fyfe was robbed despite being suspended for 4 games this season LOL

Should it be changed to MVP and fuck off the fairest and best title. No other sport in the world except AFL uses this term.

XT43 23-09-2014 03:25 PM

Shall we change the the premiers title to World Champions too?

American Dave 23-09-2014 03:40 PM

All-conquering aussie rules world champions

STI325V6 23-09-2014 05:59 PM

[QUOTE=BLUES;808554]Priddis is an accumulator but not a match winner - def not in the class of Gazza, Selwood, Pendles, Danger, Stevie J, Gray, etc.

Lucky for him the rest of West Coast's midfield are fucking useless, so no one could steal his votes. Those 2 votes in the final round were very convenient for the AFL...[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with most of those, but not fucking Pendles, he had a shit year and made the all Aust team, now that is BS!!

grape juice 24-09-2014 10:24 AM

The brownlow came down to him being a consistantly good player in a fairly average team. Dangers is in a similar boat. The other 2 (Abblett/Fyfe) would of of probably won it or shared it if they played a full season.

Priddis - Consistant, good and no one taking votes
Dangers - Less consistant but arguably more damaging no one taking votes
Fyfe - Probably the best going around in the comp But missed 4 games
Abblett - the best going around in the comp but missed 7 games

Geelong - Selwood, Bartel, Stevie J
Hawks - Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis
Port - Boak, Gray
Sydney - Buddy, Kennedy

Put any of the four i first mentioned in any of the teams below and i doubt they would of polled as well or vice versa.

The brownlow system isn't a perfect much like the All Australian selection, but thats all fluff, you ask any AFL player what they would rather a brownlow or a premiership and its a unanimous vote, and fortunately for the ones that shared all the votes this year are probably in the top 4 favourited teams to win one next year.

FYI i'm stoked priddis got it;

overlooked in the national draft 3 or 4 times
not picked for all australian

then he notches up these stats in a fairly average midfield and team

1st in handballs
1st in disposal
2nd in clearances
3rd in tackles
5th in contested possesions
5th hardball gets

BLUES 02-10-2014 04:59 PM

Another day, another $1m blown by Essendope... How many million is that so far, $5m (and still going)?

American Dave 02-10-2014 05:40 PM

I thought Paul Little said no more appeals and Hird said he is going it alone. If that's the case then Hird will be paying the QC bill.