Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   How to become a cop, judge and jury without passing year 12 (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/12259-how-become-cop-judge-jury-without-passing-year-12-a.html)

Smokey 10-05-2007 04:12 PM

How to become a cop, judge and jury without passing year 12

[url]http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,21705567-2761,00.html[/url]

next up is one of us for "it was loud so it must have been going fast"

also, its good to see they have their priorities right, i rang up the cops not too long ago to report a drunk driver who nearly cleaned me up, they said they were too busy and didnt care

Kato 10-05-2007 05:08 PM

Interesting there is no mention of 'video evidence'.

Does this mean if you have enough complaints you can be charged? Where has the old 'innocent until proven guilty' gone to?

It's probably easier to rob a bank in Perth and get away with it than drive down the street anymore.

Lawyers of Perth must be rubbing their hands together.

depresso 10-05-2007 05:27 PM

there never was innocent till proven guilty - not in this state - especially not with these hoon laws

depresso 10-05-2007 05:29 PM

i almost got done in my old car for being 'too loud' granted it was before hoon laws...
'88 MR2... basically a straight pipe from the engine out the rear... a whole meter of exhaust piping in total if not slightly less :P

could hear the bastard for km's away :P

werticusness 10-05-2007 05:42 PM

ahh reminds me of the days of the Stasi 1/4 people were informants in east germany.

Fabs 10-05-2007 05:55 PM

what is the world coming to? at least it was a commowhore. :D

phizzle 10-05-2007 06:06 PM

While stupid shit like this is going on in the media, no-ones keeping an eye on the pollies or corrupt cops. Talk about deflecting the heat. Is anyone actually still looking for the claremont serial killer?

earmuff man 10-05-2007 06:07 PM

these new laws have also removed the aggravated circumstance.

which means if your caught 45km/h over the speed limit you loose your car where as previously it had to be aggravated (racing, excessive noise etc.)

Also remember its only part of the officers job to provide evidence, the magistrate is the one that decides if they really committed the offence. just because your car is seized doesn't mean your guilty :P :confused:

RichX 10-05-2007 06:16 PM

This is good for me, as i refuse to burnouts in the WRX, and you'll have to be a fuckin good shot with your camera phone to snap me doing a bit of a drift around a corner.

Doubt your phone would be able to tell how fast I am going too! Only reason he got busted in that pic is cause you can clearly see he's doing a burnout, that is the only reason.

This law is more of a problem for Trev's, not WRX owners.

phizzle 10-05-2007 06:34 PM

what if they get video+audio of said 'drift'? As soon as those tyres make noise on the road you'll be labelled a hOOn, smoke or no smoke.

Kato 10-05-2007 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=RichX]This law is more of a problem for Trev's, not WRX owners.[/QUOTE]

These laws are a problem for all of us. Now you can have your car impounded and have to front court all based on Joe Public. All that will happen will be a bunch of disgruntled people will start 'doing the right thing' and video taping everyone they think is a 'menace to society'. A few creative camera angles and you can look fast.

Next thing you know we'll have a deduction from our pay each week for "speeding fines" and at the end of the year we can calculate how much we have paid and write off how much we should have paid.

Wait that sounds more like a tax than a way to reduce the road toll :rolleyes:

[I 86 I] 10-05-2007 06:43 PM

[QUOTE=RichX]

Doubt your phone would be able to tell how fast I am going too! Only reason he got busted in that pic is cause you can clearly see he's doing a burnout, that is the only reason.

[/QUOTE]

That pic is from the front of the west quite a few months back, so different person.

The kid obviously shat himself and admitted to doing those "hoon" things otherwise why would your car be taken when there is no EVIDENCE that you committed the crime. Video's / footage, yeah fair enough. But on the 'word' of people who live in the area?? What a crock. Who's to say a heap of people dont have it in for your family etc?

WA - Your police state
"Oh oh oh, quick call the police, that man sneezed in public and caused everyone to catch a cold" :rolleyes:

Smokey 10-05-2007 06:43 PM

i would imagine that the shot of that dude is a file photo (ask jan about photo theiving), my issue isnt that he got dobbed in, as he was obviously being a fuckin retard, but that theyve taken his car on the word of some pleb. yeah he gets to go to court, but likely to see his impounding fees returned if found innocent? doubt it

depresso 10-05-2007 06:44 PM

road toll is up 20 deaths compared to last year...
hmm...

maybe they need to raise fines again?

dtrally 10-05-2007 08:17 PM

If the vehicle was unregistered how could the police determine who was the driver the next day??

depresso 10-05-2007 08:38 PM

psychic powers

jEstEr? 11-05-2007 09:51 AM

[QUOTE=Smokey]i would imagine that the shot of that dude is a file photo (ask jan about photo theiving), my issue isnt that he got dobbed in, as he was obviously being a fuckin retard, but that theyve taken his car on the word of some pleb. yeah he gets to go to court, but likely to see his impounding fees returned if found innocent? doubt it[/QUOTE]

I've seen that pic used in at least 4 news articles already

[QUOTE=phizzle]While stupid shit like this is going on in the media, no-ones keeping an eye on the pollies or corrupt cops. Talk about deflecting the heat. Is anyone actually still looking for the claremont serial killer?[/QUOTE]

I'm the claremont serial thriller ;)

Köura 11-05-2007 10:11 AM

He was obviously driving out of control, in a piece of shit car. It may be justice but it's not a civilised method.

I think that if the cop didn't catch you doing the crime, it didn't happen.

depresso 11-05-2007 10:19 AM

Innocent till 'PROVEN' Guilty...
Now its sooo far the other way its just retarded... Almost as retarded as this years state budget :P Housing, housing, housing and not much else :P

You drive a performance car therefore you must be a hoon and you must be guilty... intentional or not.

When the hoon laws first came into affect i almost got done for 'breaking traction' because somebody earlier that day must of punched a nice hole in their sump... engine oil all over the road... cop immediately went 'you were drifting' and i immediately went 'look at the oil on the road' and mumbled something like 'your an idiot'... he wasnt happy with my 'smart-arse comment' although it was perfectly accurate... shoot first, ask questions later... in this case its more like 'fine first, ask questions later'

*Stockers* 11-05-2007 11:11 AM

Dunno if anybody caught the media coverage on this when it was first passed, but the "evidence" (be it video, audio?!, image etc) needs to irrefutably identify the car involved, the driver involved and what ever it is that they are doing wrong.

There is more to the story than they tell us (and it sounds scary the way they presented it) that kid either shat himself and confessed (as you said earlier) or there was more evidence given to the police than just a phonecall "hey officer, trev is doing burnouts in the street again!".

Giddy? Somebody back me up here...

sikwrx 11-05-2007 12:49 PM

id say any decent lawyer could get you off this, they just needa catch someone over over 18-20 who is sick of putting up with this shit and is willing to fight it.

not saying 18-20 yo dont, just as a general statement they pretty much just cop shit and no one takes them to seriously, least they didnt take me seriously anyway

"What ?? he was 18?? in a commodore?? fucker is guilty!!!"

fobz 11-05-2007 02:02 PM

Hmmm...

1. Go video the premiers car.
2. Give it to some Computer Science "Graphics" students.
3. Get them to CGI in a burnout, donut and a few other goodies.
4. Send it to the police and get the premier locked up.

Bottom line is any digital media can be fabricated. It will take a while but
there will eventually be a big case where someone fabricate evidence showing
someone in power doing something stupid and the system will fall apart.

Matrix 2... Most of the cars on the freeway scene are CGI... Not hard
for someone to create a huge "burnout" fest being done by all the MP's
one long weekend...

If you do get caught on this then do the following.
1. Say NOTHING to the police.
2. Look for something the "witness" has done which can bring their
testimony into question... eg, past convictions etc...
3. Question how ligitimate the footage is and that because it was not
created by the police then it cannot be "trusted" and "authentic".
4. NEVER... thats right... NEVER admit to it.

It boils down to this... Go and catch a real criminal.

Smokey 11-05-2007 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=fobz]Hmmm...

1. Go video the premiers car.
2. Give it to some Computer Science "Graphics" students.
3. Get them to CGI in a burnout, donut and a few other goodies.
4. Send it to the police and get the premier locked up.

Bottom line is any digital media can be fabricated. It will take a while but
there will eventually be a big case where someone fabricate evidence showing
someone in power doing something stupid and the system will fall apart.

Matrix 2... Most of the cars on the freeway scene are CGI... Not hard
for someone to create a huge "burnout" fest being done by all the MP's
one long weekend...

If you do get caught on this then do the following.
1. Say NOTHING to the police.
2. Look for something the "witness" has done which can bring their
testimony into question... eg, past convictions etc...
3. Question how ligitimate the footage is and that because it was not
created by the police then it cannot be "trusted" and "authentic".
4. NEVER... thats right... NEVER admit to it.

It boils down to this... Go and catch a real criminal.[/QUOTE]

I thought most of the cars in matrix were real? The one they built a freeway for? :P

But yeah, we had an idea to fabricate some youtube videos for TT too, speeding up the footage and overlaying sound and digitally editing a rex speedo to 400kmh :)

depresso 11-05-2007 03:30 PM

i thought the matrix was a documentry :S