Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   'Bus Lane' South Street (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/12297-bus-lane-south-street.html)

gorotsuki69 11-05-2007 08:47 PM

'Bus Lane' South Street

The cops were out in force this morning busting people using the left lane which is a 'bus only lane' between 6am to 9am.
Has anyone been busted for this and contested it in court? how the heck do the cops know whether you will be turning left or not?

impreza_GT 11-05-2007 09:18 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: yeh it will save lives for sure

LTDGC8 11-05-2007 11:54 PM

lol...my mum got pulled over for driving in the bus lane once... but thts the afternoon one 4.15-6pm..... but still the same thing.... when they stop u....u just tell them that ur gonna be turning at the next corner..... unfortunately my mum didnt know how to say that in eng...:(

elemist 12-05-2007 02:04 AM

They were out in force this afternoon as well just after Karel Av. Was funny, as i was turning into the side street they were sitting in, they just stared at me as i casually came through the bus lane then turned in. But i agree, i can't see how they can prove whether your intending to turn left or not?

gorotsuki69 12-05-2007 08:29 AM

[QUOTE=MY BBY]lol...my mum got pulled over for driving in the bus lane once... but thts the afternoon one 4.15-6pm..... but still the same thing.... when they stop u....u just tell them that ur gonna be turning at the next corner..... unfortunately my mum didnt know how to say that in eng...:([/QUOTE]

what was her fine?

Kato 12-05-2007 10:13 AM

That bus lane crap has annoyed me since its been in.

Here's a great idea, during peak hour when South St is at its busiest, we'll take one lane away casuing more traffic issues, but up big signs to say you will be fined etc and put our police officers there to 'enforce the law'.

Then to confuse everyone, we won't tell the residents about it, nor will we tell people what to do when they need to turn off or turn on to South St.

Yup I think the bus lane they have put in is the greatest idea in the world :rolleyes:

saturation 12-05-2007 11:18 AM

Bus lanes are just political propaganda to force you in the end to use public transport.

Its a idea theyve borrowed from the brits.

In london they have 24 hr bus lanes even on dual lane roads. So imagine canning highway with a dedicated bus lane down it. Imagine the traffic to work on that.

I among other people put up with it for months until i gave in and went to public transport.

The buses in london use to all carry front mounted cameras so if your caught travelling in one... get a nice fine in the mail like the multanovas these days.

RichX 12-05-2007 11:22 AM

Haha, there is a nice bus lane at the end of Nicholson Rd, coming onto Albany Hwy. Nice slip road which totally avoids the lights ;) Sooo tempting.

LTDGC8 12-05-2007 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=gorotsuki69]what was her fine?[/QUOTE]

one bloody hundred bucks...... :o

Miggidy 13-05-2007 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=RichX]Haha, there is a nice bus lane at the end of Nicholson Rd, coming onto Albany Hwy. Nice slip road which totally avoids the lights ;) Sooo tempting.[/QUOTE]

I use that all the time ;)