Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   For any sparky's out there..... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/12514-any-sparkys-out-there.html)

Giddyup 21-05-2007 04:43 PM

For any sparky's out there.....

Whats involved with running power out to a rear shed that I am yet to put together?? Should I be running some electrical cable etc out from the house prior to the paving going down or what??

Any/all info would be good.

Cheers
Dan.

feral 21-05-2007 04:52 PM

what power requirements do u think u need for the shed , you must think a total eg 5 fluros a few out lets then guage the cable to these and if you are going for three phase thats a total different ball game , cable also must be of length to reach you distrubution box with enough length for terminations , when totalling your power its good to go that bit more and get a bigger cable . If you can work it out i may be able to to help with the cable eh

Giddyup 21-05-2007 05:01 PM

Im thinkin just having 1 maybe 2 fluros attached to the roof, then a powerpoint, thats all I had in mind.

urabus 21-05-2007 05:13 PM

Make sure you use big enough conduit and leave a draw wire in there. Then if you want to pull anything else through later it is easy.

If you are not sure you could run the conduit and then put the shed up and then get a sparky in and he can fit it for you.

Brendon

DAN682 21-05-2007 05:31 PM

[QUOTE=urabus]Make sure you use big enough conduit and leave a draw wire in there. Then if you want to pull anything else through later it is easy.

If you are not sure you could run the conduit and then put the shed up and then get a sparky in and he can fit it for you.

Brendon[/QUOTE]

2nd this idea!

Also put more than one draw wire through.

Edit:... and dig the conduit 300mm deep.

EXPLICIT 21-05-2007 07:05 PM

[QUOTE=urabus]Make sure you use big enough conduit and leave a draw wire in there. Then if you want to pull anything else through later it is easy.

Brendon[/QUOTE]

WHS

phizzle 21-05-2007 07:51 PM

How many hyrdo units will need to be set up? Hahaha :D

Hurtenstein 21-05-2007 09:18 PM

600mm deep. if its single phase 4mm2 should be plenty big enough for a few fluoros and a powerpoint or 2. take it to your switchpanel, not the closest powerpoint in your house and all will be fine. unless you have a massive backyard. then go 6mm2
Put a 16 amp breaker in the board and a 16 amp combo RCD in the shed.
RCD's save lives.
If you're just running the conduit, then 32mm ORANGE will be fine.

Giddyup 21-05-2007 09:45 PM

Yeah I think I will be just running the conduit. The back yard is approx 18m x 10m and the shed will be in the corner. It will be approx 30m or so from the meter box. So you reckon just run some conduit under ground from meter box to shed yeah???

Hurtenstein 21-05-2007 09:50 PM

Yeah, if you dont want to pull the cables yourself. As above 32mm Conduit from bunnings will be sweet for whatever needs to be run. If, which i doubt, 10mm2 cable needs to be pulled, that will fit in 32mm conduit, if you do want to save a tiny bit of coin 25mm conduit will fit 4 to 6mm2 cable.