Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   what SUV type car (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/13935-what-suv-type-car.html)

Kato 22-07-2007 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=BXT]Same with Mercedez BTW.[/QUOTE]

Despite being the same 'owners' they actually fight each other for the sales. Land Rover basically had the attitude of this is the RRP + Onroads, take it or leave it. Mercedes fought it out offering freebies and what not to get a sale. I'll sound old, but I really like the sales and service team at Diesel Motors, they have really shown a different side to car dealerships.

BXT 22-07-2007 09:34 PM

[QUOTE=Kato]Despite being the same 'owners' they actually fight each other for the sales. Land Rover basically had the attitude of this is the RRP + Onroads, take it or leave it. [/QUOTE]

Which you can do...straight to another dealership/manufacturer :)

[QUOTE=Kato] Mercedes fought it out offering freebies and what not to get a sale. I'll sound old, but I really like the sales and service team at Diesel Motors, they have really shown a different side to car dealerships.[/QUOTE]

Mate, they're only fighting for your business at the ground level ie. salesmen chasing their commission.....but in the end it all lines 1 man's pocket and he couldn't give a sh!t which dealership you buy from or how many car mats/window tint etc.... his sales turds thrown in.

Kato 22-07-2007 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=BXT]Which you can do...straight to another dealership/manufacturer :)
[/quote]

Correct, which is why no purchase was made from them.

[QUOTE=BXT]Mate, they're only fighting for your business at the ground level ie. salesmen chasing their commission.....but in the end it all lines 1 man's pocket and he couldn't give a sh!t which dealership you buy from or how many car mats/window tint etc.... his sales turds thrown in.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I couldn't care less who owns the business nor care about car mats/tint to make a deal.

To me it all comes down to who gives you the best price for the vehicle and the best service. A lot of dealerships / sales people haven't seemed to work that out.

In the last few years, Melville Subaru offered me a fantastic deal on my WRX, Parkland Mazda offered a fantastic deal on my brothers Mazda 3 and Diesel Motors offered a fantastic deal on my Mum's car. All 3 dealerships made easy sales because of that and I am happy to refer others to them. Other dealerships lost sales due to their lack of negotiating and attitude to customers.

But since this is a what SUV should I get thread, time to get on topic.

Like I've said, I was impressed by the ML as have the Motor/Wheels magazines. The Toureg whilst being a fantastic car seems to blend in too much. The Audi Q7 also looks the goods too.

Looks like a hard decision ahead!

EXPLICIT 23-07-2007 08:33 AM

Take a cayenne twin turbo for a test drive.

urabus 23-07-2007 10:26 AM

New Landcruiser sahara is due out in november. Twin turbo v8 diesel / kinetic suspension and 700 + nm of torque. Supposedly going to be seriously upmarket from the current one. Going to be circa $120k. I am just about to sell mums 06 diesel sahara (for nearly what I paid for it) and order a new one.

When I bought her the sahara I looked at the toureg and it is a weapon. Only reasons I did not go for it was because I was concerned about resale and also dad tows a boat with it. Could you imagine pulling into onslow and asking for a radiator hose. I know it is unlikely but every servo has a 100 series cruiser one in stock up that way.

The dude that owns the bayliner marine on gt eastern hwy has had his v10 toureg chipped and now has like 900nm of torque and 250kw ATW or something like that. Absolutely loves it.

TopGear 23-07-2007 02:58 PM

I couldnt bring myself to spend 120k on a Land Cruiser but thats just me! I say go the Toureg then! :D

urabus 23-07-2007 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=TopGear]I couldnt bring myself to spend 120k on a Land Cruiser but thats just me! I say go the Toureg then! :D[/QUOTE]

resale is your friend. Also has anyone heard of this funny thing called build quality and manufacturer support?

I paid $92000 for mums 18 months ago fully loaded (bull bar / dvd / tow bar etc) and 18 months 25 000k later I will sell it for between $80 and $85k. Also seeing as it is a company car the following applies.

New cost $92 000
Claim GST back $ 8 318
Claim 20% depreciation first year $16 636
Claim 15% depreciation second year (1/2 year) $ 6 270

Meaning as long as my business is making a profit that car has cost me around -$20k for 18months ownership.

Not bad.

Show me figures like that on a rangie or X5.

Brendon

Kato 23-07-2007 06:41 PM

Sorry to burst the bubble Brendon, but the maximum amount you can depreciate a vehicle at is $57,009 (06/07 FY). I think it is slightly higher for vehicles bought in the 07/08 financial year ($57,123?).

This is the only downside to purchasing expensive vehicles for business use. And stops me buying a 911 :(

As always, if anyone knows any better please let me know! :D

rspct 23-07-2007 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=nitrowrx]If you want a suv. Hands down buy the 2007 WH SRT8 Grand Cherokee which is now the fastest suv on the road and absoultely flies... The 6.1 Hemi will get you around[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I would never recommend a chrysler to anyone. The engines might be ok but the build quality is like a chip packet and the suspension is less advanced than a trailer.

urabus 24-07-2007 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=Kato]Sorry to burst the bubble Brendon, but the maximum amount you can depreciate a vehicle at is $57,009 (06/07 FY). I think it is slightly higher for vehicles bought in the 07/08 financial year ($57,123?).

This is the only downside to purchasing expensive vehicles for business use. And stops me buying a 911 :(

As always, if anyone knows any better please let me know! :D[/QUOTE]

Either way it will not have cost me much to own the thing for 18months. The reason the diesel cruisers are so strong at the moment is because the engine does not meet the 2007 emissions so they stopped producing them in November 2006. If you want to tow 3.5 tonne you dont have a lot of choice.

Brendon