Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Parklife. - So? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/15450-parklife-so.html)

vyper 02-10-2007 02:30 AM

Parklife. - So?

So, opinions?

Overall, awesome lineup - Best yet imo.

Mstrkrft and Digitalism rocked it hard as expected. Mstrkrft had everything down from tracks to tight mixes.

Justice was a bit of a letdown imo - They seem better suited to the production side of things more than the DJ side. Their songs rocked, but their mixing was not what you'd expect from a sellout act. Also a bit uneventful.

Scratch Perverts also didn't disappoint minus not being able to hear a great deal - Sound system could've done with a boost.

Yeah 02-10-2007 03:09 AM

Anyone went? I would like to hear how was it.... :D
Was planning to go but go things to do all of sudden.

joey89 02-10-2007 03:52 AM

Pretty decent still awake lol

mr_psi 02-10-2007 07:46 AM

[QUOTE=joey89]Pretty decent still awake lol[/QUOTE]

scattered? haha.....

redly rocket 02-10-2007 07:59 AM

Was a Decent day but a touch lacking here or there.

MIA was pretty decent, justice was orrite, LB was a bit boring (especially if you have his live album form Sydney and Melb as the show is EXACTLY the same.) and a few of the others were good too.

2.8/5

Perhaps I'm just getting bored with the festivals?

Hi_VoLtAgE 02-10-2007 09:44 AM

how good whs the chick/guy ratio!! i couldnt beleive it, i wouldnt know what to do with myself with some of thoes fine ladys. music was sic also.

teejay 02-10-2007 10:51 AM

Music wasnt able to go any louder due to noise restrictions as their is housing close by. Notice how it dropped a few DB around 7?

Great day, Kenobi went off, as did scratch perverts, and I enjoyed Freeland.

Certainly becoming more metro, and less candy raver in terms of people, but sure as fuck the drugs part of it hasnt changed. Only thing I dont enjoy about it, swear if one more person had of asked me for pills I would have hit someone. Grr.

mr_psi 02-10-2007 11:55 AM

saw you at claremont on sunday night tj.. end hijack

207 de 02-10-2007 12:13 PM

I dont think I've been to a daytime event and I've been listening to doof/going to events since 1996...

Day time and techno just were not ment to be. In Europe maybe where they are sick of indoors and have shite weather but its not for me.

Never been keen on the bigger events because you pay a premimum as there are lots of big name artists/dj's there and most of the time you really only want to see one or two...

And, how often do they have all the best dj's/artists on at the same time in different tents!!??

No better way to fuck a party/event/rave/whatever than to spend your day/night wandering from room/tent to room/tent.....

Much prefer to find who I came to see, work your way to the front of the room/tent and stay there for a few hours...My mates know where to find me.

(whoa! jaded? hehe...I'm sure it was good, at least to look at hot chicks!!)

Bakks 02-10-2007 12:25 PM

Pretty damn good day. Toilets were a joke. Muscles wasnt bad but too early, MIA was pretty cool as was Justice.

Anyone see the guy in the main tent climb the scaffold and hang off by one arm? Nuts.

Got too cold, December and January festivals are the way...