Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Federal Election 24th November (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/15722-federal-election-24th-november.html)

B4GT 14-10-2007 07:55 PM

Federal Election 24th November

Whoi are you going to vote for now that the election has been called for the 24th November???

jEstEr? 14-10-2007 08:09 PM

theres an election ?!

devilfish 14-10-2007 08:55 PM

cant vote...

wild_rx 14-10-2007 08:58 PM

[QUOTE=devilfish]cant vote...[/QUOTE]

join the club...:D

ImPreSiV 14-10-2007 09:08 PM

I'm voting Labor (yes, its spelt without the U")

Time for some spending by the federal govt. Labor have a good record of spending up big... put them in for 1 term, then bring the Liberal's back in to save a little more..

Plus I can't stand Peter Costello....

Booga 14-10-2007 09:23 PM

you know John Howard will walk in the new year - win or lose
Will be voting for the anarchy party

WhiteRX 14-10-2007 09:28 PM

Labor

Fabs 14-10-2007 09:38 PM

labor without a doubt....

phizzle 14-10-2007 09:44 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV]I'm voting Labor (yes, its spelt without the U")

Time for some spending by the federal govt. Labor have a good record of spending up big... put them in for 1 term, then bring the Liberal's back in to save a little more..

Plus I can't stand Peter Costello....[/QUOTE]
x2 Kym. There's time for being a tight fisted Jew when times are good due to China being able to buy anything we have to sell, then there's time to fix the things that are wrong with a country with so much money. Health care needs serious money injected for 1. A decade or so ago we were promised FREE health care. The past few years working on mine sites I've paid over $70,000 in tax. That's just me. How much have I got back? About $3,000. How much have I paid in Medicare levys? About $6,000. How many times did I go to a doctor? Once in 3 years and that was for a medical assesment (for a HR license). I'd rather know what I was paying for then seeing my hard work go into 'the bank', to politicians retirment funds and worst of all, to ferry them from A to B. I earn heaps less then them but I still have to pay my own way. We shouldn't need to pay for them to get around aswell. Rant getting old now, but to get back to Kym's point, we NEED change for the one term at least.

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there

Kato 14-10-2007 10:27 PM

Yeah I really want the government to spend up money on crap, increase taxes to cover the spending, add more national debt to root up the exchange rates which will probably increase interest rates... Good idea guys.

Btw, what makes you think Labor will spend any more than Liberal? When Labor came into WA they STOPPED nearly all the government spending on water and electricity, but then wasted it running the train line down the middle of the freeway instead of on its intended route.

Personally I will be waiting to see who will offer the best leadership and feasible budgets. Gimmicks like K-Rudds youtube stuff may seem 'hip and cool' but means diddly squat in terms of leadership and international presence that we currently have.