Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
Joelll... how are ya mate.

Suicide is not an option. Same as an abortion is not an option either. It's a touchy one because there are circumstances where I would say, yep I can understand why it 'needed' to be done.. but in general, it is an extremely selfish way of avoiding the issue at hand. [actually I have a thousand pages I'd like write, but I'll just leave it at that]

its actually a chemical inbalance in the brain, just as other diseases such as schizophrenia etc all affect the way a person behaves.

There are many diseases which most of us wouldnt class as being one including obesity etc. Just because we can see the way around falling into these categories..

You cant say that it can be avoided and cant put it in the same league as abortion.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:29 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

madmax at standard level

sure.. fair point, we are a race driven by emotion, so nothing can 'be avoided'... preventative measures can be put in place, all types of help can be offered and the person will still complete what they set out to complete.. that is unfortunately the freedom of humanity

Noone understands the brain though, so we can't determine and resolve these issues.. maybe in a hundred years that won't be the case, but unless we get a couple of einsteins on this planet again, we'll still keep guessing at all these problems.

I'm not trying to put it in the same league as an abortion, I'm just classifying the issue in a similar way.. as continual support and great understanding can lead to a lot of these circumstances being stopped.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:33 PM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
its actually a chemical inbalance in the brain, just as other diseases such as schizophrenia etc all affect the way a person behaves.

There are many diseases which most of us wouldnt class as being one including obesity etc. Just because we can see the way around falling into these categories..

You cant say that it can be avoided and cant put it in the same league as abortion.
Obesity though isnt in the same leauge. Alot of the time it can be avoided. I got fat from eating poorly and not exercising.

However, weight gain and loss can be attributed to depression at times. Ie some people get depressed, and turn to food for solice. Or they stop eating.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay
Obesity though isnt in the same leauge. Alot of the time it can be avoided. I got fat from eating poorly and not exercising.

However, weight gain and loss can be attributed to depression at times. Ie some people get depressed, and turn to food for solice. Or they stop eating.

Tom its a viscous cycle, obesity leads to depression which people get solace from eating.

But in saying that there is also genetic polymorphisms of certain genes which predisapose people to being overweight. So yes there is a correlation to it being a disease..

Why do u think some people are really skinny and eat junk all the time whilst others that seemingly eat healthy are unable to maintain there weight..
Old 05-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

dont wanna take the thread anymore offtopic, but most fat people are fat from eating wrong and no excercise, most people dont eat healthy go to Africa you dont see too many obese people there.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear
dont wanna take the thread anymore offtopic, but most fat people are fat from eating wrong and no excercise, most people dont eat healthy go to Africa you dont see too many obese people there.

GENETICS.......................................... .............
Old 05-11-2007, 03:58 PM
STI Master

stebaun at standard level
Send a message via MSN to stebaun

he said MOST people are fat from eating wrong etc.. so the other small portion would be due to genetics..
Old 05-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Sir AntiLag

Makavel at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
GENETICS.......................................... .............

some yes but not all i mean look at the poms hahahaha
Old 05-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

I dunno where genetics went wrong in my family. They are all short and skinny and im 6'5, 120kgs and cuddly. Junk food and laziness FTW But then again i love my life! Sure we all wanna be ripped like Cuzzy and rich like that lotto winner but in general i wouldnt change much

As for suicide being a non selfish act. Absolute rubbish IMHO. Sure if your quality of life is that bad, end it (i 110% would) BUT end it in a respectable way and just go to sleep peacefully. Why jump off a cliff, hang yourself in a park or crash a car into a pole. Not thinking about anyone else, cause if you were you know that would make things 100x worse.

Last edited by Mat; 05-11-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:06 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

madmax at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear

that's what happens when you eat flour, drink water and run a marathon a day ..

hence.. the quality long distance running talent lol
Closed Thread

Tags
charmaine, dead, dragun