Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Sir AntiLag

*Stockers* at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus
In terms of speed I got a 14.5 out of my manual stock. I bought the capa boost box thing but all that did was pour more fuel in. Actually made it slower down the drags.

Agreed 100%. I sold my XR6T ute about 2 months ago after owning it for 4 years. Biggest piece of shit I have ever owned. Certainly put me off ever owning another aussie ute. Even though the new maloos look hollywood. I get my new ute in a week or so and until then no one knows nothing.

Not so good when stuff is not tied down properly though.

In relation to the XR6T I owned Ive made a quick list of the pros and cons.

Pros:

2) Does awesome skids. Also once you have got the back out you can adjust the angle and keep it going for ages.
3) You can get away with nearly anything with the cops as opposed to your wrx. I came around a corner in east perth once on full lock with smoke and shit everywhere and the highway patrol cops at the traffic lights saw the whole thing and did not care.

Cons:

3) Tyres. It had this funny habit of wearing the back tyres out long before the fronts.
Hrmm, the above data seems to correlate.
Old 14-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

moteC maniac
Old 14-11-2007, 07:43 PM
WRXRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus
Hell if you dont believe me talk to Dan who bought the Typhoon. I know he loves it.....not.
yeah shame his car turned out that way. had all the trappings of a good one too, due to it being a managing directors car that was babied from new before dan bought it.

ive had a few issues with mine, minor things really, standard subwoofer blew up (who cares!) steering rack was loose, bonnet release latch broken twice and i feel a third is due anyday now, lhs driveshaft exploded but that was owner abuse. pretty soon ill be kissing the rest of my new car warranty goodbye but mechanical things i can handle and be out of pocket for if they go wrong so that doesn't bother me all that much.

i feel these are great cars for what they are and an awesome platform to build upon!
Old 14-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Brendon, was yours a BA? Is (was?) Dan's a BA? I know they had HUGE problems.

Regardless of the make it sucks when people have problems They are definitely aussie cars thats for sure, but like i said, i've had no issues whatsoever (well i did break one of F6F's bonnet release!). Still i cant complain since i saved a huge amount!

I do agree with the police thing. For 7 months i alternated between driving the WRX and the XR and the police attention was VERY different

If the XR handles as much abuse as the WRX did over the last 5 years i'll be more than happy

Last edited by Mat; 14-11-2007 at 10:55 PM.

Tags
turbo, ute, xr6