Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

i think it really is that the majority of the australian population are dumb.. And they think that a new governement will reduce interest rates.. When in reality a strong economy encourages interest rate rises. Look at the U.S a very weak economy and there having to drop interest rates in a big way to stimulate the economy and get out of the recession their heading towards..

And if u want to stop interest rate rises STOP buying that t.v that u didnt need and STOP puttin shit on credit...

Thats the real issue, the majority of ppl dont give a fk about climate change (otherwise they would have voted the greens in) all they care about is money.. Where and when they can get more of it for doing less work...

Its like the population that didnt want daylight saving because the curtains would fade...

Last edited by trainwrex; 25-11-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 25-11-2007, 10:34 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Evo4-140 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphoolin
Like i said, hopfully people actually realise (eventually) that governments dont have a say in intrest rates. And at the end of the day, be it liberal, labour, or some other chimp in the office, they will all spill shit out their teeth to get your vote.
Who do u think controls the spending of the Aus Tax dolar. Who controls inflation. Who controls regluation for foregn investment. I guess its a cowinky dink or unlucky that Labor always is in Power when the Intrest rates at its cyclical peak. I guess the Australian treasurary and the Reserve bank are indepantly run and have no dealings with each other.

Shit if the savings were that much for import workers im supprised our mine sites arent full of them. Imaging the savings on wage bills. How do you miners afford all your toys and houses working in such poorly paid conditions. Problem with people in Australia is they are never happy. Also want more or the promise of more.
Old 25-11-2007, 10:40 AM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
i think it really is that the majority of the australian population are dumb.. And they think that a new governement will reduce interest rates.. When in reality a strong economy encourages interest rate rises. Look at the U.S a very weak economy and there having to drop interest rates in a big way to stimulate the economy and get out of the recession their heading towards..

Thats the real issue, the majority of ppl dont give a fk about climate change (otherwise they would have voted the greens in) all they care about is money.. Where and when they can get more of it for doing less work...

Its like the population that didnt want daylight saving because the curtains would fade...
I think u missed the mark completely. A lot of ppl were sick of howards blatant lies, selling off of public assets and strong focus on boosting the economy instead of investing in infrastructure and essential services. They also had it too easy when it came to passing new legislation. The thing which finally killed them off was Costello. Hes an arrogant worm and Australians really dont like that sort of thing. Howard may have won if he had vowed to stay full term.

I think a labor govt with a liberal opposition is a good balance to keep the economy in check, but for labor to have enough control to put some money back into items relating to the standard of living for things where personal finances have no control.
Old 25-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WhiteRX at standard level
Send a message via MSN to WhiteRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey
I think u missed the mark completely. A lot of ppl were sick of howards blatant lies, selling off of public assets and strong focus on boosting the economy instead of investing in infrastructure and essential services. They also had it too easy when it came to passing new legislation. The thing which finally killed them off was Costello. Hes an arrogant worm and Australians really dont like that sort of thing. Howard may have won if he had vowed to stay full term.

I think a labor govt with a liberal opposition is a good balance to keep the economy in check, but for labor to have enough control to put some money back into items relating to the standard of living for things where personal finances have no control.
i agree, there needs to be more money spent on infrastructure, and the libs dont do that, unless it will benefit investors or the rich.

Last edited by WhiteRX; 25-11-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 25-11-2007, 10:57 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRX
i agree, there needs to be more money spent on infrastructure, and the libs dont do that, unless it will benefit investors or the rich.
May i ask what infrastucture is lacking at the moment that you feel Labor can contribute too.
Old 25-11-2007, 11:04 AM

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

faster internet. transport. roads. off the top my head
Old 25-11-2007, 11:13 AM
STI Master

Trexx at standard level
Send a message via Yahoo to Trexx

Bwaha - a lot of economics majors here I see.

Maybe Johnny should have spent more on education after all because the average Australian knows shit about economics.

I cant complain - Ive made my money and am also looking to the next few years to
snatch up some bargains. Just feel sorry for those starting out to make their Mil.
Old 25-11-2007, 11:18 AM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo4-140
May i ask what infrastucture is lacking at the moment that you feel Labor can contribute too.
Health (Hospital beds + waiting lists), Education (Class sizes, HECS), Transport (Fuel, Roads), Communication (Broadband), Shelter (Housing + Rent affordability)...
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxdass
faster internet. transport. roads. off the top my head
Roads and transport are a state issue. I think you will find our state gov is Labor.

Faster Internet. Liberal privatised the industry to promote competition. Which, take the Airline industry prooved mint for consumers. We don’t have super fast Internet cause it’s not feasible. Most likely cause its for only the minority. We don’t have First class seats for domestic flights either. Perhaps the governments should pay for that too. Why should they pay for it if its not feasible?

I guess we will all have to make do with our uber 56 k Internet connection.

Elrico at standard level

Telecommunications to regional areas for another. I am not concerned about my job at all, i know for a fact im in high demand and do my work like a good little avg joe. My job security is fine, i just look at others such as TA's and what not that are unskilled. Not everyone had a good plan in mind whilst young and have trades,certs and degrees. I actually think for others not just myself like some people. But honestly, there are some people that want more money for doing less at work.

Unions are actually a good thing, for the right reasons. Going out the gate is a power that should not be abused like previously stated "Im going out the gate cause my dog died". At the same time it should not be taken away from the workers. Employers need to keep employees in line and employees need to keep employers in line. There should be a fairness in the work place and i dont believe its there.

But i will agree on the fact that we will see how well/badly Australia made their choice in the coming years. Time will tell, so instead of sowering about the loss, think of it as a gain and hopfully something good comes out of it.

Tags
government, labor