Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-11-2007, 11:26 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Evo4-140 at standard level

Lets see if these areas that Liberal badly neglects does get better. I hope that they do. I also hope that our economy keeps growing. That jobs are safe and secure. I also hope intrest rates stay low. I would perfer all that than being able to make a phone call when im driving between southen cross and Kalgoolie.

In the end of the day time will tell. I just wont be happy with the "I told you so" if it did turn shit. I dont care about the two parties. I couldnt give a shit. If labor makes thing go mint ill vote for them next time. But based on their economic history i couldnt do it myself. If it aint broke, dont fix. For me shit wasnt too bad.

Last edited by Evo4-140; 25-11-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 25-11-2007, 11:27 AM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Shift to AWA was what screwed it for alot of people.. as usual, people are resistant to change.. and frankly it all got too hard for them.

Now that its been in since '05 it just started to make sense for most.. but did leave majority of the workforce in a state of dumbness over the last few years..

Now labor comes in.. and is gonna remove it.. ANOTHER change.. welcome to another year or 2 where the country is still turning in circles going "WTF"..

Fkn short term bs! Such a joke.
Old 25-11-2007, 11:32 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

SIK RX3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotydog
Bwaha - a lot of economics majors here I see.

Maybe Johnny should have spent more on education after all because the average Australian knows shit about economics.

I cant complain - Ive made my money and am also looking to the next few years to
snatch up some bargains. Just feel sorry for those starting out to make their Mil.

Mate, with all due respect, you sound like the kid that was picked on at school.... and then goes fuck you all, look at me now...

we don't need people with that attitude making money, have some positivity and help this nation become a better place for all, give back to the country that has given YOU the opportunity to make " your Mil ".
Old 25-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

i voted labor so i cant complain. we will just have to wait and see what happens in the next 3 years......
Old 25-11-2007, 12:06 PM
STI Master

Trexx at standard level
Send a message via Yahoo to Trexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK RX3
Mate, with all due respect, you sound like the kid that was picked on at school.... and then goes fuck you all, look at me now...

we don't need people with that attitude making money, have some positivity and help this nation become a better place for all, give back to the country that has given YOU the opportunity to make " your Mil ".
The way you read and interperet my words has more to do with your issues
than mine.

You havent heard anyone say recently they feel sorry for first home buyers with the price of houses where they are - were they also picked on at school?

I employ 18 people - thats giving back in my opinion, although may have to cut back with this Govt
Old 25-11-2007, 12:33 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

redly rocket at standard level

Costello has bowed out of running for leader or deputy leader of the opposition so a fresh generation can come through.
Old 25-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

I honestly hope a recession does happen. Maybe the average Australian may achieve a concept of reality - A reality under the labour government who will ride the mining boom for the next few years as a political stance at the next election.
Old 25-11-2007, 01:10 PM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

It didn't really matter who we voted for over here, WA mostly voted Libs but the election was decided on the east coast.

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/fed...7/guide/map.htm

I'm thinking this government might have a shot a reconciling differences with the state governments and making some positive changes. I'm not interested in a 40 dollar a week tax break, I just want to see a doctor quickly if I have to take a sick child into hospital in the middle of the night. Rudd has 3 nurses in his immediate family, maybe he can help the health system, he will be getting told first hand what some of the short comings are.

Personally I have been on a AWA as such since 2001 so I don't think things are going to change that radically. We have already had 6 interest rate rises and we will probably keep getting them until we stop spending cash or we max out our credit.
Old 25-11-2007, 01:16 PM
STI Master

Darken at standard level

This is why Labour got in because the younger generation have no clue as to what it was like before Liberal came in and fixed everything!

Labour is now going to give them what they need a computer for school, world class broadband, more techincal schools! hahaha Wait a minute, did Kevin ever say how he was going to get them into their first home! No but when he f*cks things up, they may have a chance as long as they have a job... Unemploymency is at it's lowest ever to date 4.3% ThanX to Johnny...

Kevin is a cowboy and in time the younger geneartion will learn! Save every penny now guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo4-140
Who set up policies in the country to help encourage our resources? Must have been fat good luck. Funny how booms and Labour never seem to go hand in hand.

I worry about how people never seem to learn from history.
Labor Facts from History.
Recessions
Economic debt
High interest rate

Liberal Facts from History.
Strong economic performance

I am just dumfounded that the public decided to change a winning formula. Were conditions really that bad? I don’t know. For me it’s been pretty good. Must be a lot of aussie thinking its worth the risk. Hope it pays off.
Old 25-11-2007, 01:22 PM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

have a look at the highest interest rates in our history and who was treasurer, let me give you a hint, he just retired yesterday. Ok no more mud slinging from me.

Tags
government, labor