Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-11-2007, 01:27 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

redly rocket at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy
It didn't really matter who we voted for over here, WA mostly voted Libs but the election was decided on the east coast.

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/fed...7/guide/map.htm

I'm thinking this government might have a shot a reconciling differences with the state governments and making some positive changes. I'm not interested in a 40 dollar a week tax break, I just want to see a doctor quickly if I have to take a sick child into hospital in the middle of the night. Rudd has 3 nurses in his immediate family, maybe he can help the health system, he will be getting told first hand what some of the short comings are.

Personally I have been on a AWA as such since 2001 so I don't think things are going to change that radically. We have already had 6 interest rate rises and we will probably keep getting them until we stop spending cash or we max out our credit.
Well said.
Old 25-11-2007, 01:54 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Evo4-140 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy
have a look at the highest interest rates in our history and who was treasurer, let me give you a hint, he just retired yesterday. Ok no more mud slinging from me.
Please explain?
Old 25-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Its good to see a debate happening. I dont get into politics much but for some reason am fairly intrested with this election.

The younger generation are not stupid. Dont generalise please. Just because your of a more mature age doesnt give you any right to question other peoples intelligence. They made their vote on what they wanted. You made your vote on what you wanted. Ohh and thanks to the media aparently every person from the age of 12 to 25 are all "schoolies" and run around dunsborough 365 days of the year lighting things on fire and trashing the place. Minorities are a pain and so is the media.

I seriously hope there isnt an i told you so. I was fairly happy with how it was i just really didnt like the GST. Its an old thing, but it sealed the deal for me. Not only are taxes coming out of your gross income, they tax you when you try and buy a meal, a drink, a root, a cat, an everything. Its all good to sit there and say "Hey look guys i ran us into a Surplus" But i dont want it sitting in a bank. Id rather have it invested in more beds at hospitals, increasing nurse wages and numbers. Better, quicker internet and services for the YOUNGER generation so they arent so "stupid", because aparently, we are.
Old 25-11-2007, 03:08 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

SIK RX3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotydog
The way you read and interperet my words has more to do with your issues
than mine.

You havent heard anyone say recently they feel sorry for first home buyers with the price of houses where they are - were they also picked on at school?

I employ 18 people - thats giving back in my opinion, although may have to cut back with this Govt
Thats cool mate, everyone has there own opinion hey, I'm not having a go at you, that's just the way your post's come across, all I was saying was lets keep looking forward...
Old 25-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Sir AntiLag

GTLeggy at standard level

Sucked in Johnny !

How bad must Costello feel....his one and only shot of becoming PM(even tho it would have only been for a few months if Johnny had retired...but he would have taken what he could get !) One of the best things johnny ever did - stooge Costello

If you really think that interest rates, inflation, debt and the standard of living is driven only by a handful of the top politicians or their party for that matter, your deluded.

And for the record, interest rates ARE too low and have been for long enough to get a lot of people into an inevitably impossible situation.....yes time to make some money and better yet, have it actually worth something !
Old 25-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

people complain about interest rates the last time under labour, but the fact is houses are less affordable now.

if the economy is doing so great under Howard how come it takes 40% of your wage to pay a morgage?

liberals have been taxing the shit out of us, and not spending a dime.

the biggest argument for voting liberal has been fear of the unknown and history from 11yrs ago, mainly interest rates that actually have more to do with world economies which Australia does not have much of an influence on.

I bet most of the politicians from labour 11 yrs ago are retired!

interest rates are on the rise, all this year have been, and that's all to do with the American market, nothing to do with howard, just like they had nothing to do with labour 11 yrs ago.
Old 25-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo4-140
Please explain?

Howard was the treasurer when interest rates were at their worst ever in the history of Australia.
Old 25-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by werticusness
interest rates are on the rise, all this year have been, and that's all to do with the American market, nothing to do with howard, just like they had nothing to do with labour 11 yrs ago.
Yet the public think that labour will fix this? Please explain?
Old 25-11-2007, 05:46 PM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

I dont think labor will be able to stop interest rates from rising any more than the liberals have/nt. I just hope that the libs make sure Rudd keeps all of his promises including the 100mil a year that WA should keep from revenue raised by our mining (to go into infrastructure). He has also given the states two years to sort out the health care mess and if they dont then he will bring it in to as federal level.

There may be some good in this result as long as Rudd is held accountable to his promises.
Old 25-11-2007, 06:06 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

batmat at standard level

Kevin 07...
Well it's pretty obvious...bogans love slogans.
For this reason, Labor should have it in the bag for the next election too.
Kevin Eleven!!!

Tags
government, labor