Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   perth / mandurah train (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/17398-perth-mandurah-train.html)

spec 04 11-01-2008 07:29 AM

perth / mandurah train

so far so gd but had to wait 20 mins for a train into perth one morning
your views please

LIBRT! 11-01-2008 07:33 AM

waiting time is really bad atm, try perth underground so many people craming into trains...

XER555 11-01-2008 08:08 AM

They needed some of those Tokyo subway attendants to jam everyone in this morning at Murdoch. Squeezy :eek:

spec 04 11-01-2008 08:10 AM

i catch the early train ( 6:45 ) to avoid the crowds
Its all bad after 7am

Strubaru 11-01-2008 08:13 AM

whats a train?????? :D

ImPreSiV 11-01-2008 08:18 AM

i live on the Joondalup train line, and since Dec last year I have been using the Esplanade station and the Murray St Underground Station. I have waited upto 5 trains at the Underground some nights when I leave work at 5:00ish, and some night's, same time, I can get on a train and be one of 7 people in the last car on the train.

I have how-ever started going to the Esplanade on the way home, to get on the train from there, as there isn't such a large crowd heading north from that station. But, I think that will change with the new Mandurah rail being open. I have only caught the train once since it's been open, so I haven't seen the effects of it.

I was doing 100km down the Kwinana on Monday morning on my way to Sth Freo to drop my car off, and a train came whistling past me, so i guess they really are using that max speed of 130kmph.

Does anyone go from Mandurah to the City daily, how much does it cost, and how long does it take?

LIBRT! 11-01-2008 08:21 AM

mate since mandurah has opened its worse in the underground, i catch it everyday cos parking is $18 a day in the city. so many people trying to catch the train and theres not enough coming through to keep up.. they need to fix it soon cos its bullshit...

BALISTC 11-01-2008 08:21 AM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV]I have how-ever started going to the Esplanade on the way home, to get on the train from there, as there isn't such a large crowd heading north from that station.[/QUOTE]

SHUT UP DUDE, this is the secret that all St Georges Tce workers don't want anyone to know :D

BALISTC 11-01-2008 08:25 AM

Also, I've stopped taking public transport...fuck paying $150 a month to stand next to stinky underarms on the train every morning and afternoon.

I car pool with 4 other friends now (we all live within 5 mins of each other), our permanent Convention Centre parking bay costs $275 a month...between 5 of us its $55 each a month, and we only drive one week a month each so apart from the negligible wear and tear, its a 15km round trip each day for 5 days...so basically f*ck all in LPG costs for me.

We start and finish work at approx. the same time too, so it works out well.

I don't think there are any bays available at Convention Centre at the moment, but if you get the chance to snap one up...do so, its well worth it.

jEstEr? 11-01-2008 10:44 AM

i can afford a car