Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Recommend a gym (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/18364-recommend-gym.html)

SpitShine 29-02-2008 09:43 AM

Recommend a gym

Hey guys,

Just thought i might start a thread about the various gym's around perth and what they offer. atm i'm current looking for a gym around the Joondalup area. I used to be a member of Zest but i found the atmosphere wasn't there. They had a reasonable selection of fitness equipment plus a pool downstairs which came in handy. From memory i paid about $400 for 14 months (2004) but obviously prices would have changed.

This morning i visited The Coloseum (located close to Arena) which i found wasn't too bad. The thing that i liked about it was the people weren't cocky at all. Because it is family owned (2 couples) you have constant assistance by every1. Membership is $495 (unrestricted) for 12 months and $395 for off-peak (9am-3pm). The gym itself isn't to shabby. Downstairs is where all your weights are located and upstairs are bags and where classes are held. The only downside is the fact that they have no pool:(

So can someone please help a brother out:)

ImPreSiV 29-02-2008 09:52 AM

I think i heard that there was a "Next Gen" opening up at Clarkson. Be worth giving that a go if there is. The one at Kings Park looks awesome, with squash courts and the like... Be interested in the Clarkson one aswell if it exists.

Im a member of Zest Joondalup, and I go 3 times a week or something, but I go by my self, and its boring as. I used to go to Zest Kingsway, and found it much more "enjoyable" Starting to loose interest in going, but i don't wanna pay $40 a month for f/all

SpitShine 29-02-2008 09:57 AM

hey kym, how much u paying at zest now? yeah i found that unless u go with someone its really hard to have to motivation. Yeah i saw the ad for Next Generation, bit too far for me to travel just for fitness. Because of its huge facilities i'm guess you'd be paying quite a bit out of pocket. I know there's Surge Health & Fitness up in clarkson near Super Cheap Auto. Haven't actually seen wat they offer but friend says about 900'ish...

BALISTC 29-02-2008 10:12 AM

Flex Fitness in Tuart Hill, when it opens up in about 2 months time.

greenie 29-02-2008 10:28 AM

Yeah pretty hard to beat the Fitness First Gyms good gear and plenty of people.

nicecar 29-02-2008 10:48 AM

Been to most gyms in joondalup area...The Coloseum is ok, the gym at craigie leasure centre was by far the best all new equipment/decent range of freeweights.

Next generation is for posers.

Josh 29-02-2008 11:16 AM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Flex Fitness in Tuart Hill, when it opens up in about 2 months time.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. I was a membr at Flex in Maylands until closure and am biding my time at Morley Rec Centre at the moment. It's actually pretty good, on going direct debit at $48 per month with no minimum commitment.

Flex in Tuart Hill will no doubt be awesome! A bigger gym with BETTER management!

BALISTC 29-02-2008 11:25 AM

Guess I'll be seeing you there then Josh...I'm going to be training there when it opens :)

Trexx 29-02-2008 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Guess I'll be seeing you there then Josh...I'm going to be training there when it opens :)[/QUOTE]

Was training in Maylands Flex and it was great.

Tuart Hill too far for my training partners that live South :(

Currently training at ECU Mt Lawley and heard ECU Joondalup is better

BALISTC 29-02-2008 11:46 AM

I used to work at Flex in Maylands many years ago, and train there also.

Tuart Hill is right near my place in Yokine, so its damn convenient for me :D