Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   fuel price?!?! , fucking what the hell?!?! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/18420-fuel-price-fucking-what-hell.html)

jedi_luke 04-03-2008 08:01 AM

fuel price?!?! , fucking what the hell?!?!

its 8 in the morning and im angry .. and fuel is like 1.47 at bp and there 98ron is $1.59lrt at ossie park BP , what a fucking joke , im gonna go to carine caltex and give there 98ron a try and save $10 for a tank of fuel

AND there is another interest rise so that like 2 in 2 months AND i get no help from the government coz im not BLACK! and i dare to work and save....

not happy as you can tell ... not really a morning person :mad:

*Stockers* 04-03-2008 08:16 AM

Get a coffee. Now. lol

Kato 04-03-2008 08:25 AM

Fuel price is a joke today. The cheapest BP 98 RON is 147.9, the dearest being 159.9. I can't see how they can justify a 12c difference at different locations.

Obviously if enough of them have a dear price, it is ok. Government doesn't care about these stupid price increases as they reap more taxes from it.

Obviously they are trying to cash in on the long weekend as everyone will need a new tank. Didn't they get told off for putting fuel prices up leading up to a long weekend before? Now they just get us the week after.

207 de 04-03-2008 08:35 AM

I need a payrise.

fuel, beef, Lamb, Wheat, bread, fish, steel...interest rates...

agentorange 04-03-2008 08:35 AM

[QUOTE=jedi_luke]its 8 in the morning and im angry .. and fuel is like 1.47 at bp and there 98ron is $1.59lrt at ossie park BP , what a fucking joke , im gonna go to carine caltex and give there 98ron a try and save $10 for a tank of fuel

AND there is another interest rise so that like 2 in 2 months AND i get no help from the government coz im not BLACK! and i dare to work and save....

not happy as you can tell ... not really a morning person :mad:[/QUOTE]

Bhahahaha...deal with it...you chose to buy a turbo car...otherwise sell it and buy a push bike! :rolleyes:

Craig 04-03-2008 08:37 AM

yea i filled up on saturday, i heard the fuel prices are crazy today :(, its just bullshit.

jedi_luke 04-03-2008 08:44 AM

[QUOTE=agentorange]Bhahahaha...deal with it...you chose to buy a turbo car...otherwise sell it and buy a push bike! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

id get a horse but im scared of horses :eek:

BALISTC 04-03-2008 08:47 AM

Obviously the fuel companies are a business too, so they do put their prices up depending on the price of oil (which hit a record high overnight by the way).

BUT, when their oil is hedged or purchased months in advance and they put the price up on oil that they purchased at a cheaper rate, just because the world price of oil went up, then thats pure profiteering...

Look how long it takes them to put the price down once the price of oil comes down too!

Fair enough they are a business, but do that in any other business and you'll get reamed in some way by the ACCC.

Also is it just me, or do others also agree that the artificial "price cycle" that all the oil companies abide to, is a loosely disguised form of price fixing? Of course its not [i]officially[/i] price fixing as the prices are still set by each service station, but they know exactly in the week or month when to put their prices up or down to follow everyone else.

Kato 04-03-2008 08:59 AM

Joe, exactly. The fuel in the tanks at a servo is still the same fuel from yesterday, why does the price go up instantaneously? Why doesn't the price drop when the world oil prices drop?

And then I can start whinging about the steel prices! If the price whispers I have heard go ahead, there will be a lot of projects shelved in my opinion.

chee 04-03-2008 09:06 AM

Yeah the fuel companies use the oil prices to justify their price rises. Once they get onto the news, they will try and make as much money as possible. Fuel companies are cunts.