Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Nice work dude, I'm doing something a little different.

Not eating fatty foods during the week (Mon-Fri), allowing one of or two treat meals on the weekend, but for the most part eating lean meat, high protein stuff. Using protein supplements after all exercise.

Exercising 5-6 times a week, mainly 5-6Km runs though Kings Park, with the occasional 'Bridges' which is 11.5Km. Heaps of Rigs in Kings Park up through Jacobs Ladder really helps too.

This way I am losing weight, leaning/toning up, gaining a bit of muscle, fitness is getting heaps better (run in a group so it's a little competitive), and can still pretty much eat what I like and not put on weight.

Heaps of good tracks through Kings Park, but i like this one as quite a few hills, but some rewarding tracks, trails in the bush and downhill sections.

Rossco, RUSSGT and DukeDrifter like this.

Last edited by RichX; 12-08-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

grumpyrex at standard level

Good work Ross. I'm doing a similar path to you. Hi protein & lo carb ,lean meat & salad for lunch etc. Also hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. Down 10kg in 9 weeks (keep in mind I've got an extra 15 years of abuse on you) so I'm happy with the results.
Rossco likes this.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

I've been there myself (overweight, wanting to make an improvement)
Well done on the efforts, it is certainly worth it in the end.
The Following User Says Thank You to gumby For This Useful Post:
Rossco (12-08-2014)
Old 13-08-2014, 06:19 AM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

coming from a competitive industry ive seen and been part of some amazing bodily transformations.. ive seen 130 kilo blokes transform into ripped monsters. diet exercise is always critical for overall fitness as im pretty sure i can eat bacon and eggs all day when my bodys cranking but at the start it would be fruit and museli until i was in shape.. though every year id easily put on 20+ kilos when id stop working and have to rebuild myself. the worksite can turn into some wierd bodily science experiment with no regulations on what we can use or when or how much.. ive seen people banging roids in the toilet on lunchbreaks to guys throwing stuff and screaming from too much jack-3d.. when it comes to weight loss products id be drinking this kind of protein.. its bullshit pure and hydrolised for more effective absorbtion.. 99.3% fat free and extremely low carb. awesome for weight loss. small doses, more is less. mixes extremely well too and tastes awesome, fills you up like liquid concrete.

WPI HL By Max's
random link, may find it cheaper.. ignore the cheesy logo.. its good stuff. make sure its the WPi
per 100 grams..

Energy
1540kj

Protein
90.1g

Fat – Total
0.7g

Fat – Saturated
0.3g

Carbohydrates – Total
1.0g

Carbohydrates - Sugars
0.9g

dont want to sound like dr oz here but garcinia cambogia stuff is a great helper too.. get some decent pure stuff and thats the closest to weight loss in a pill ive ever seen with the least or little side effects.. actually heard of none, only benefits.

oooh and swap lollies and chocolate for some quality biltong! id find chewing it regularly helped to crank my metabolism. man style! swapping rice and pastas for leafy vegetables like cabbage and buk choi is another cool one. rice pasta and bread are all cunts when your trying to lose weight as there designed to pack you with energy storage.. unless your flat out at the gym or working physically all day these should be treated with caution.
Old 13-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

It's more about hard work then any magical drink/shake.

Keep up the good work lads
RichX, Rossco and Jezza like this.
Old 13-08-2014, 09:53 AM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

I take California Gold Nutrition 500mg Garcinia 30 mins before every meal, I also take a slow release multi-vit & a Green Tea extract daily.

They Garcinia isn't a miracle in a bottle but I'm sure, even if it's just a placebo effect, every little bit helps.

A simple reduction in KJ intake is the key - my at rest energy requirement is 11,000kj to stay at my current weight of 148kg, my current daily total intake is averaging 7000kj per day - so I should be consuming body fat all the time & not just when I'm working out or recovering from a workout.

I'm finding the diet easy, I never feel hungry - this has surprised me the most and I believe it's caused by the high protein consumption. Feel free to chime in Burke.
Jezza and drewgong like this.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 13-08-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 13-08-2014, 11:43 AM

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Well glad to see I won't be the only grumpy cunt hanging around longer.
Rossco and grumpyrex like this.
Old 13-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

Weight training with cardio is good combo for weight loss
Cardio burns fat while you're active
Muscles from the weights continue to "burn" fat, well increase metabolism, which helps you maintain leaness

you can still have treats, especially when the metabolism is great but a treat is a treat not turn into a norm.

i'm hooked onto cross fit and running at the moment. energy level is great, body mass same, body fat down. not muscular, but lean

protein supplements certainly helps but not on their own
not cheap with some of the premix stuff, make up your own if you can or can be stuffed

well done to all, keep it up
that's the hard bit
Rossco likes this.
Old 13-08-2014, 02:28 PM

RichX knows their stuff

Just dropped an 11.5Km Bridges in 1:01. Usually about 10K, but have to run around the EK construction zone.

Starting from out on the red path out the back of the old swan brewery, one big lap. Any runners on p-wrx and do bridges?
Rossco likes this.
Old 13-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

Good work Rossco, as you know I struggle with my weight also.

I'm hitting the scales at about 126kg's, I filled in for my mates Footy team the last weekend, and it nearly killed me

Time to follow suit and join the weight loss crew!!
Rossco likes this.

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing