Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   proposed new laws (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/21743-proposed-new-laws.html)

perthzed 24-08-2008 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=Brendan08]Reading helps alot these days.

"EXCLUSIVE: P-PLATERS will be banned from driving high-powered cars under Labor - and [U]confiscated[/U] vehicles will be sold, even if they belong to drivers' parents"[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing there will be a years dispensation to all current P-platers with a listed car while they either sell it or they are no longer a P-Plater.

Brendan08 24-08-2008 10:54 AM

Yeah its pretty hard to tell some one to sell their car and conform with the new laws.
Im guessing Labor will bring in a time plan for the current P platers to either sell up or face the penalties! In saying that I think most P platers that have held their licence for a year or more should be safe??

doadrift 24-08-2008 11:03 AM

He means does this effect people currently driving turbo cars on p plates, like my fiance. Why should she have to sell her wrx after driving it for so long? Shes done nothing wrong, no speeding fines nothing.

Although I'm pretty sure this will effect P platers from a certain date not the ones who already have them (kind of like the new P plate night driving restrictions, people who already had there P's went straight to green plates).

impr3zive 24-08-2008 11:37 AM

well i think i should hold of the engine conversion =)

JTR 24-08-2008 12:26 PM

so does this mean we will be able to pick up cheap performance cars :p

Cooper89 24-08-2008 12:52 PM

I for one know i wont be doing stupid shit as i am now too scared to lose my car.

jesstamic 24-08-2008 01:08 PM

I like their example "A 17-year-old drunk, driving a [B]stolen car[/B] with a 14-year-old passenger, hit me head-on,'' Mr Hewson said.
It has nothing to do with people who legitably own one.

And it would be fucked if i have to sell my car if they enforce this law on existing P plates. Probably its gonna be, down comes the P plates :P

Master D 24-08-2008 01:36 PM

its sucks for good p platers but as always the case a few dickheads ruin everyones fun.

but it cant all be bad, i mean kids on bikes have had the 250cc restriction for a year. plus if its enforced. its only 3yrs or something your on your p's for. once you have your full licence get whatever you want. just you'll enjoy it more because you've put up with a shitter for 2+ yrs

but all of this will only "happen" IF Labor Get re-elected remember.

RichX 24-08-2008 01:52 PM

Buy an STi, black FMIC, black brembo's, remove all STi badging, de-wing, rx bonnet. ;)

bojan07 24-08-2008 02:06 PM

trust fund my ass, more money for them the greedy fucks... they dont give a shit bout safety, all they care bout is money in the pockets... not like these laws will change anything.. australia has the most tight ass government in the world. :)