Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-08-2008, 09:46 AM
STI Master

Wrexter at standard level

Fuck nathan.

I barely see subarus hooning.

It's mostly redneck v8 drivers pulling burnouts or gunning it around corners etc
Old 26-08-2008, 11:18 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

I see mainly knobs in old school geminis, VK's etc with p plates doing stupid dangerous shit on the roads...

newer cars like wrxs/fpvs/hsvs etc never seem to be hooning as such, maybe a bit of sideways action or chirping the gears but nothing dangerous..
Old 26-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

TT stuff 99% of the time is fabricated. What you have to realise is:

- 1 person a day dies on WA roads. Imagine if it was your dad/mum/wife/gf who died coz some idiot decided to show his gf that his dick is bigger than his mates and drove double the speed limit and killed your loved one? How would you feel? How would you want to punish him?

- I know 90% of you do the right thing. Stick to the speed limit, dont drink and drive and so on. Surely it's the 10% of people who bring a bad name to the rest of us.

However I also feel that those 10% aren't punished in an appropriate way. If they inpound their cars for a day/week/month how will that change their attitude towards other road users?? It won't change a thing. Even if their cars get crashed, they'll buy another one.

What some countries in europe have done is the repeat offenders are employed for community work with the police investigating fatal crashes. Nothing will fix a real "hoon" like picking up dead body parts from the road. It might seem over the top but remember in some cases it's the only way teaching these people.

If not how about 5 year driving bans? 10 years or bans for life? How come the person who recently killed that girl coz he drove drunk on the wrong side of the freeway can get behind the wheel in 2 years time?

my 2cents

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!
Old 26-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete gopal
Nothing will fix a real "hoon" like picking up dead body parts from the road.
mate, that is the best idea
Old 26-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Hurtenstein at standard level

Quote:
If not how about 5 year driving bans? 10 years or bans for life?
Other states do. I'm suspended for 3 years and a guy i work with is for 6.

If either of us is caught driving its 18 months prison.
Old 26-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Josh at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Josh

3 years Lyndon? Holy shit!
Old 26-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtenstein
Other states do. I'm suspended for 3 years and a guy i work with is for 6.

If either of us is caught driving its 18 months prison.
Wow. Did you set some sort of record?
Old 26-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Scoobie Noobie

boosted_kid at standard level

3 and 6years wow, thats a long time, hope it wasnt a one time offence? those TT cars were shocking ,they didnt even need to impound those cars coz i bet by the time they hit 98km/h, they had run out of tar. looked very staged to me.

x2 for more drag strips and track facilities
Old 26-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Goofy at standard level

Quote:
TT stuff 99% of the time is fabricated. What you have to realise is:

- 1 person a day dies on WA roads. Imagine if it was your dad/mum/wife/gf who died coz some idiot decided to show his gf that his dick is bigger than his mates and drove double the speed limit and killed your loved one? How would you feel? How would you want to punish him?

- I know 90% of you do the right thing. Stick to the speed limit, dont drink and drive and so on. Surely it's the 10% of people who bring a bad name to the rest of us.

However I also feel that those 10% aren't punished in an appropriate way. If they inpound their cars for a day/week/month how will that change their attitude towards other road users?? It won't change a thing. Even if their cars get crashed, they'll buy another one.

What some countries in europe have done is the repeat offenders are employed for community work with the police investigating fatal crashes. Nothing will fix a real "hoon" like picking up dead body parts from the road. It might seem over the top but remember in some cases it's the only way teaching these people.

If not how about 5 year driving bans? 10 years or bans for life? How come the person who recently killed that girl coz he drove drunk on the wrong side of the freeway can get behind the wheel in 2 years time?

my 2cents
Okay, so what about the P Plate chick in her Mums 4wd that ran over and killed my friend 3 years ago because she didn't know how to drive? She got 2 years suspension and a $1000 fine for Dangerous Driving Causing Death. I understand that she has to live with it for the rest of her life, but the punishment does not fit the crime coinsidering that about 12 months before this happened I was charged with Reckless, for doing a burnout in an industrial area on a friends 250cc bike at 730 on a Friday Night, the penalty for that was $1000 and 6 months if convicted. So Human Life is worth about $1000 and 18 months...

The fact is that there is no parity between the laws, time and place does not come into it and there is no discretion used by the police... except for that time that the girl in mums 4wd (what is it with P plate Women and 4wdrives anyway??) drove through the school zone at 90 and didn't get the car confiscated.

I still don't understand how the government can confiscate your car before you have been convicted of an offense. You still get summonsed under the Road Traffic Act, you still go to court and have the right to a fair trial, representation and the ability to mount a defense and you still have the chance of being found not guilty. So if someone is found not guilty of the Hoon Law offense under which they were charged then why was their vehicle taken?

I agree that if I am caught speeding, doing a wheelie/burnout/stoppie whatever then I am breaking the law and I expect a penalty for this, I don't think that seizing my legal property before I have been convicted of a crime is in any way Constitutional and goes against the old Australian adage of a "fair go." Really, when you think about it, this whole Hoon thing has been going on for decades in one form or another, the difference being that when my Dad was driving around in his Valiant with his mates they would leave the metro area to go play up, now you've got morons trying to drift their family car in a residential street. This activity annoys families trying to live a peaceful 2 fruit and 5 veg way of life and when Mum and Dad Voting-q-public gets upset they cry to the Government to make it better. The laws won't change, largely because the Performance Car and Bike enthusiasts are too apathetic to make their voices heard, it should be us showing these misguided cul-de-sac drifting dropkicks the correct way to do things as they don't know any better.
Old 26-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

Amen

I dont think ive ever heard a better argument!

Tags
racers, street, today, tonight, undercover