Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   I Love RAC Insurance (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/2193-i-love-rac-insurance.html)

DAN682 02-11-2005 06:55 PM

I Love RAC Insurance

Ok I have been sweating on the "new" policy to come thru after my little bingle with the kerb which resulted in copious amounts of $$$ damage and a careless driving fine. This was the 2nd claim for the year but the first was a not at fault.

I have NCB protector which I got cos it was only $30 more but thought it was more gimmic than anything.

Well I am glad to say........

DRUMROLL.....

MY PREMIUM HAS GONE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!
I thought it would have gone up by squillions or at least stayed the same!!!
It is $200 cheaper than last year!!!! I am still under 25, I have listed all of my mods and have it agreed for $30K.

I am so happy with this company!!

NVRENUF 02-11-2005 07:01 PM

YEah i can agree there Rac has been the best by me as well very good

STi Tuned 02-11-2005 07:37 PM

Thats a good news story, they were nothing but pricks to me. I was with them for 5 years with a 60% NCB. I went for a cover note on the rex & when they found out my history (no DUI's just lost lic thru points). Not only wouldn't they cover me, they cancelled my existing policy on a 12k car.

Fkn stand by you alright..

NVRENUF 02-11-2005 07:42 PM

Thats the thing everyone has bad experiences with companys i was with wqbe and had good deal friend of staff discount and eveything as soon as i got wrx they said sorry we wont insure that car.. rac was only one lol

DAN682 02-11-2005 07:56 PM

Thats no good at all. I have never had a bad experience with SGIO or RAC but like NVRENUF has said, only RAC would insure me for the WRX (apart from just cars.. cheap until you have an accident and have to pay their outragous excess) I have all of my insurance with RAC now. Home/Contents/Car and also Aussie Assist.

Also the Assessor I had .. Alan Banks he was a fuckn champion of a bloke, nothing was too much trouble and kept me informed all the way thru the repairs. Also the repairers I used were great.. Highly recommend them...Guess who?

RMS of course... Who else? :D

DarkMoose 03-11-2005 12:56 AM

lol u boys have it easy, I'm paying 3k a year for full cover, driving a CSE4 WRX mind u i'm only 19 still on P's ^_^ and about 1k excess "/

Fozzy 03-11-2005 01:00 AM

*cuddles my policy* 700 bucks a year whoo im also with rac

LegacyGT 03-11-2005 01:12 AM

[QUOTE=DarkMoose]lol u boys have it easy, I'm paying 3k a year for full cover, driving a CSE4 WRX mind u i'm only 19 still on P's ^_^ and about 1k excess "/[/QUOTE]

why bother with insurance at all?

try 3rd party.

DarkMoose 03-11-2005 01:15 AM

on a 22k car "/ i think not mate. if i do wrap my car round a tree i would like my money back thankyou. apparently goes down to around 2,200 next year.

Sethor 03-11-2005 01:26 AM

[QUOTE=DarkMoose]on a 22k car "/ i think not mate. if i do wrap my car round a tree i would like my money back thankyou. apparently goes down to around 2,200 next year.[/QUOTE]

I was paying just over 2k when I had my CSE3 (insured for 35k + 15k worth or stereo) when i was 19.