Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-10-2008, 11:23 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

theprotest at standard level

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
I doubt your warranty would be voided for one launch (or even 10 or so). Launching it all day every day and then driving the tits off it would not be covered under warranty.
If you do ONE launch and something breaks - no warranty. They are pretty clear on it in the correspondence. I see what you are saying, if you abuse the hell out of it, why should Nissan pay?

But if I spend 160k on a Japanese supercar - I want to drive the tits off of it. I especially want to be able to replicate within reason the quoted times that would sway me to purchase the car in the first place.

Cheers,
Nik

Last edited by theprotest; 17-10-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 17-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Kato, a few years back guys were stunned when they rocked up at Holden dealers with car issues only to be told to fuck off nicely.

Holden was paying staff at drag racing meets and track days to log rego's and chasis numbers - these were then inputted into a database which voided warranty.

Why - the cars were sold with a no motorsport clause - as they are road cars accoring to Holden.

Very very sure Subaru has the same deal too. Just because they are nice and will do it doesnt mean they HAVE to.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 17-10-2008, 11:37 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprotest

But if I spend 160k on a Japanese supercar - I want to drive the tits off of it. I especially want to be able to replicate within reason the quoted times that would sway me to purchase the car in the first place.

Cheers,
Nik
Definitely agree with that.
Old 17-10-2008, 11:38 AM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

35 GTR has quite a strict bed in period for the gearbox and engine prior to any normal/aggressive driving is undertaken. Take from that what you will, but having been on a number of exotic forums based in USofA, there's quite the number of Muppets with money (i.e. most likely couldn't drive a stick up a butt hole). HOWEVER my old 996 Turbo copped quite a belting and drove the same as the day i bought it when it left my possession. When built to a budget somethings always gotta give!
Old 17-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprotest
Hi,

If you do ONE launch and something breaks - no warranty. They are pretty clear on it in the correspondence. I see what you are saying, if you abuse the hell out of it, why should Nissan pay?

Cheers,
Nik
Has the guy actually stated what he has done with the car prior to the gearbox going? I read they plugged in went off with the data and then came back saying 'no dice'. Of course after that they will stand by their warranty clauses (which is the same for every car manufacturer).

Any car that has any item break due to driver's input not a defect will never be covered under warranty whether you drive a Getz or a Rolls Royce. This guy has obviously beaten up on the car and is now thinking its the manufacturers fault.

Now if the gearbox shattered the first time you tried to launch a GT-R... Different story. But this isn't happening, so I don't see what the hoo-haa is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay
Very very sure Subaru has the same deal too. Just because they are nice and will do it doesnt mean they HAVE to.
They sure do, which is why it is best to be honest when talking to the mechanics. It's pretty easy to tell how something has failed.
Old 17-10-2008, 11:52 AM
STI Master

Quote:
This guy has obviously beaten up on the car and is now thinking its the manufacturers fault.
The liklihood is that he has driven it hard, but there's nothing in the letter to suggest that. So for all we know, theses boxes are piss weak and he's blown it on his first aggressive launch?

Edit: OK just read the guys post on forum

Last edited by perthzed; 17-10-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 17-10-2008, 11:54 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

theprotest at standard level

Hi,

He says he's launched it 20 times, but he isn't the only one on there mate. The most recent bloke who is starting the class action claims his failed under normal driving.

I guess time will tell.

Cheers,
Nik
Old 17-10-2008, 12:22 PM
STI Master

I don;t think Nissan should be selling a car with an advertised feature that voids warranty.
Old 17-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

LC is not an advertised feature. Not turning off the VDC is.

Performance specifications are not in the brochure, but only from other sources.

It is very easy to tell the difference between a fault caused by a driver and a fault caused by the manufacturer.

I still fail to see what the problem is.
Old 17-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed
I don;t think Nissan should be selling a car with an advertised feature that voids warranty.

agree, why quote those times if they can't be achieved without voiding the warranty?? Perhaps Subaru should write down 0-100 in 4s (if you wind up the boost which voids the warranty), marketing gimmick if u ask me

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!

Tags
failure, gtr35, massive