Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Sir AntiLag

scoobysix at standard level
Send a message via MSN to scoobysix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear
i got ipod nano 2gb i didnt care about capacity since all my music is on my pc and i dont go away for long periods of time so its a waste of moneyfor me to get 4gb
I was gonna get the 2gb and then I thought, it's only $50 more for twice the capacity, why not?
Old 18-11-2005, 12:58 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

fmx_rider at standard level

Anyone looked at the 20gb IRiver?

I'm currently looking at 4gb Nano or an IRiver...hard decision. IRiver may be more conveinient when travelling as you don't need the Ipod specific software...drag and drop.
Old 18-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

scoobysix at standard level
Send a message via MSN to scoobysix

Your mp3s are still gonna be your in computer at home anyway, in which you already have iTunes installed in your computer.

In the case that your mate's computer has that super cool mp3 you want, you can always download iTunes from http://www.quicktime.com, it's only 32mb I'm assuming a person who has mp3s on his computer, 99.99% would have a fairly decent internet connection (well, most people do now anyway).

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating nor endorsing music piracy in any way in my above statements and assumptions.

Last edited by scoobysix; 18-11-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Old 18-11-2005, 11:25 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysix
Ben:

Latest crop of iPod offerings are,

Shuffle :
No screen display
512mb/1gb

Nano :
Colour screen
Photo, contacts, calendar, games, world time, alarm, stopwatch, text
2gb/4gb

iPod :
All of the above plus video capability
30gb/60gb
Can anyone confirm if the Ipod Nano is compatible with the Ipod Camera Connector (M9861G/A) which allows the direct connection of a digital camera (selected models) to the Ipod photo, Ipod video?

I suspect that it is compatible with a Nano when using the dock connector (to make it same as the Ipod photo/video) given all have colour screens.
Cheers
Old 21-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Scoobie Noobie

DANinQLD at standard level

I dont think its wise using the camera connectors on an ipod... drains the battery awfully quick.... not really a good tool for photo storage imo... (while on the go that is...) great for storing some snaps from your computer... but not direct from flash/camera.
Old 21-11-2005, 11:16 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

I went the other way and scored an MP4 player off eBay for a total of $112.04 incl post/insurance. Has built in 256mB & expandable to an extra 1GB with MMC/SD slot, seems capable of everything the ipod has to offer, like video, lyrics scoll, plus a few things the ipod doesn't have(or so it is claimed). Actually got it for the son's upcoming birthday and so I put it through it's paces, very impressed indeed. Also has a 2.5" screen instead of the normal 1.5".

Link here if ya wanna check it out. How does this compare to the ipod, those of you who own them? To be honest, I didn't review the ipod too deeply coz they seemed too pricey.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 22-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANinQLD
I dont think its wise using the camera connectors on an ipod... drains the battery awfully quick.... not really a good tool for photo storage imo... (while on the go that is...) great for storing some snaps from your computer... but not direct from flash/camera.

a lot of country journalists at work use the ipod for storing their photos while they tour the country, they dont seem to have a problem
Old 22-11-2005, 01:53 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoz
I went the other way and scored an MP4 player off eBay for a total of $112.04 incl post/insurance. Has built in 256mB & expandable to an extra 1GB with MMC/SD slot, seems capable of everything the ipod has to offer, like video, lyrics scoll, plus a few things the ipod doesn't have(or so it is claimed). Actually got it for the son's upcoming birthday and so I put it through it's paces, very impressed indeed. Also has a 2.5" screen instead of the normal 1.5".

Link here if ya wanna check it out. How does this compare to the ipod, those of you who own them? To be honest, I didn't review the ipod too deeply coz they seemed too pricey.
In terms of photo storage, still need to buy the SD cards so there is no saving over buying more SD cards for digital camera. You would need to buy a few extra cards to match a 4gb nano..so after doing that, the cost savings may not be that much. Depends how much music you want to store really. Happy with my 30gb ipod.
Old 23-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Scoobie Noobie

fin at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmx_rider
Anyone looked at the 20gb IRiver?

I'm currently looking at 4gb Nano or an IRiver...hard decision. IRiver may be more conveinient when travelling as you don't need the Ipod specific software...drag and drop.
I scored a 1gb Shuffle as a work bonus, and found the shitty itunes software as good as useless. Halfway between the odd mac way of doing things, then crippled for windows hehe...

Get mdipod. Its a plugin for winamp, allows you to drag and drop, reencode, even autofill like itunes. Can just make a winamp playlist, select it, right click then 'send to ipod'. Pretty close to perfect if you already use winamp, saved me from throwing the thing outa the window or ebaying it.
Old 23-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

I Tunes is a little maccish but it is pretty simple for a shuffle.

1. put all songs into library
2. tick only the songs you want to go to the shuffle.
3. autofill shuffle.

End of lesson.

Tags
ipod, nano