Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Toyota Dealerships (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/23781-toyota-dealerships.html)

uglycong 13-12-2008 06:14 PM

Toyota Dealerships

Hey guys

Mum is in the process of looking for a RAV4 or possibility the Prado GXL. Anyone in the know of who to see and where to go ? Been to Wangara and they seem a bit pushy and we don't really want to rush into it. Is the bargaining power easy with Toyota etc ? Any help with be appreciated. Ta

Rossco 13-12-2008 08:57 PM

All car sales people will be pushy atm....recession has hit car yards hard. they're all desperate for sales.

freak 13-12-2008 09:16 PM

stick to your own time table and make them work hard for the sale
with the pressure they are getting from there lenders to make sales and clear out there lots you should be able to get a good deal as at the moment they will do just about anything to get a sale

romeo 13-12-2008 09:30 PM

yep dont let them pressure you cars only go down, not up, no rush

dtrally 13-12-2008 10:06 PM

I bought mt wife a Prado GXL V6 in June.
I went to 5 Perth dealers.
Big Rock- Nice enough youg guy, knew about the car but never followed up.
Prosser- Left me wandering around the showroom for 1/2 hour with no contact=fail.
New Town- were going to get back to me when all there demo cars were not on loan to Westcoast Eagles, never did.
Midland- Tried every trick in the book to get me to sign ( left me sitting/waiting there for 40 mins while they played mind games) but I told them they were a thou too high and they let me walk, he said no way can he do it even though the car was in stock. Then when he phoned me back later in the day to say I could have the car at that price I'd already got the deal I wanted elsewhere, he abused me for wasting his time and hung up on me. (front running mummies boy)
Kalamunda- Came straight to the party, no fugging about. I told him what I wanted, how little I wanted to pay, the Sales manager asked if I was ready to buy, done.
The sales manager there is Ollie, and for a slimy salesman he's a fairly straight shooter. I'd recomend Kalamunda Toyota. Forget bargaining on a TD Prado though, there's a massive waiting list and no discounts to be had. V6 is a better car in my opinion and thousands less to buy. (and 30c a litre cheaper to fill)

Get on Pradopoint.com forum and ask what the going rate is currently in Perth.

uglycong 13-12-2008 10:49 PM

cheers guys, big thumbs up

DAN682 14-12-2008 09:07 AM

PM Me for a contact if you still need one.

Kato 15-12-2008 08:03 AM

Despite the news saying car dealers can't sell cars for love nor money, not many of them are actually willing to deal. My friend just bought a Mazda 2 and I was annoyed when she told me they wouldn't budge on the price at all.

Best advice is to try them all and wait till you get the dealer who will actually just do it straight up. I hate all this mind game crap they try on.

steve-lang 23-04-2013 09:53 AM

Bumping up an old thread, I have a contact at Toyota but know there's a guy on here who works for Kalamunda. Who are you??? I'm interested in a car on your lot.

BoxerDan 23-04-2013 11:58 AM

I work there! But I'm currently on holidays.
I'm in the parts dept but tell them you're mates with Daniel and they should look after you.

If its a new car ask for Graeme or used either Peter or Jo.
Unfortunatey most carsalesman are snakes.