Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Cheap Flights 50% off Sale (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/24228-cheap-flights-50%25-off-sale.html)

fmx_rider 09-01-2009 10:41 AM

Cheap Flights 50% off Sale

If anyone is interested Tiger Airways just announced 50% off airfare 5 day sale....

Just picked up some cheap flights to Melbourne for Australia Day Weekend, $100 each way.

Lots of other destinations from Perth.

fmx_rider 09-01-2009 10:55 AM

TIGER Airways has launched a network-wide half-price sale, with one-way tickets from $17 as gloomy economic times continue.
Melbourne-based Tiger said thousands of tickets would be available during the five-day sale for travel between next month and October, reports The Australian.

The airline services destinations in all states and territories except NSW and is opening a new base in Adelaide from March 1 using Airbus A320 aircraft.

Fares from Adelaide under the sale include $24.98 to Canberra, $34.98 to the Gold Coast and $44.98 to Perth. The fares do not include a $5 a sector credit card booking fee.

Travellers will also be able to travel from Melbourne to Canberra for $17.49.

Tiger is the latest airline to cut prices in an attempt to stimulate activity as carriers move into one of the quietest times of the year.

low rider 09-01-2009 11:32 AM

I'm guessing tiger airways doesnt go to sydney, how did u book the cheap flights because i mine comes up more than $100 each way

Jaded 09-01-2009 11:44 AM

Jetstar arent far behind them with some pretty good flight deals on atm as well.

Last week I scored return flights brissy to perth for $400ish which is $200 cheaper than usual - and that was with qantas.

bring on the cheap flights !

ACE 09-01-2009 12:18 PM

Flew to Melbourne and back in late october for $109 each way with Tiger.

Flights left bang on time and on-flight service was excellent. I would have no problems flying with them again.

Only negative is the 1 alcoholic drink per hour policy. No good :o

Sethor 09-01-2009 12:42 PM

There will be bargains to come, I picked up my fare to London next month for under $1500 return with Qantas with the 2 for 1 special they had about 2 months back.

ATM Qantas have a special to LA from Sydney & Melbourne (due to V Australia's & Delta's launch on the SYD-LAX route) for around $1200 return add on about $400-500 return to Mel or Syd & you have a $1600~ trip to LA.

Bakks 09-01-2009 01:01 PM

Bah cheapest flight returning Australia day is $200.

wannabox 09-01-2009 01:08 PM

Don't do what I did I booked a cheap 1 way flight to Brissy for like 160, then decided I am going to change it to 2 days earlier, ended up costing me a lot more :\... Cheap flights suck when you change your mind!

fmx_rider 09-01-2009 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=low rider]I'm guessing tiger airways doesnt go to sydney, how did u book the cheap flights because i mine comes up more than $100 each way[/QUOTE]
On the web...got flights for $97 e/w then some additions (luggage, credit card payment). These were for red-eye and a late night flight though...daytime was more expensive.

I saw some good flights to Adelaide around, and Singapore looked cheap ($47) but taxes are heaps.

fmx_rider 09-01-2009 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=ACE]Flew to Melbourne and back in late october for $109 each way with Tiger.

Flights left bang on time and on-flight service was excellent. I would have no problems flying with them again.

Only negative is the 1 alcoholic drink per hour policy. No good :o[/QUOTE]

Good to hear about their service. Not so good about the alcohol!! But will have been at a Australia Day bbq all day before boarding at 11pm so won't need much!