Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   BDO - How was it? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/24645-bdo-how.html)

ACE 02-02-2009 10:57 AM

BDO - How was it?

Probably the worst festival I've been to :( Piss poor organisation and waaaaay too many people.

Arctic Monkeys and Simian MD put on a good show, Prodigy was meant to be good but we had to watch them on the big screen since the Boiler Room was full.

Fairly heavy police presence and quite a few people were getting pinged by the dogs as they got off the train. We saw one guy get padded down and the police confiscated a 12 inch hunting knife. WTF???

mr_psi 02-02-2009 11:31 AM

yeah i wasnt overall impressed with the day.

claremont showgrounds is a hole. Lupe was good!

lebrunt 02-02-2009 11:40 AM

yer set up was pretty average no where near as good as stereosonic imo ! ...lupe, artic monkeys, pendulum, prodigy, birds of tokyo all put on good shows ... was pretty dissapointed with the living end thought they would have been a bit better. Way too many people there though 38,000?? all in all was a good day ! :D

Pauly 02-02-2009 11:42 AM

yeh i didnt go, and thats because of the crowds. my friend was a volenteer for the ambos there, and she was saying that it wasnt too bad, the only serious patient they had was a 17 yr old girl who was rushed to them by security, and her eyes had glazed ova and was prety much in a coma, and i just heard that the girl died last nyte or early thismorning of a drug overdose.
makes me feel better that i spent the day at the beach...

skywalker 02-02-2009 12:07 PM

good day too many people and who the hell puts prodigy on a small stage, idiots!

Sethor 02-02-2009 04:34 PM

[QUOTE=ACE]

Arctic Monkeys and Simian MD put on a good show, Prodigy was meant to be good but we had to watch them on the big screen since the Boiler Room was full.
[/QUOTE]

Boiler room was fucking insane when Prodigy came on, I've never seen that many people in one place ever. Compared to last year when LCD sound system & Carl Cox finished up at the Boiler room there would have been 4-5 times more people this year.

lebrunt 02-02-2009 04:42 PM

agreed i was about in the middle and ther was people as far as i could see in both directions one of the best sets i have seen every single person in the crowd loved it !

V3 RA 02-02-2009 05:08 PM

id say it would have been hot....like fucking insanely hot

Hi_VoLtAgE 02-02-2009 05:13 PM

weather 3/10
setup 4/10
lineup 8/10
prodigy 10/10 - why in the boiler room though??
potential 8/10

astralex 02-02-2009 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=Sethor]Compared to last year when LCD sound system & Carl Cox finished up at the Boiler room there would have been 4-5 times more people this year.[/QUOTE]

From what I can remember in Melb, RATM was playing same time as Cox though, and while I love my hard dance more than the next guy, I really went to see RATM, so that might have something to do with the oodles more people...