Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Installing a Bore (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/2499-installing-bore.html)

NVRENUF 23-11-2005 07:36 AM

Installing a Bore

Does anyone know Where to get a bore for residential garden water installed ?

how much they cost etc etc... I know there pretty expencive
if anyone knows anyone i should contact would be a great help.

Thanks

Tim

Denver 23-11-2005 11:43 AM

Hugle and hoyle would be a good starting point

or the yellow pages and look up reticulation

BLUES 23-11-2005 04:26 PM

i wouldn't bother in Balcatta - will stain the crap out of everything & will probably be contaminated with acid sulphate.

LegacyGT 23-11-2005 05:32 PM

dig deeper!?

BLUES 23-11-2005 05:51 PM

not worth the extra effort/$$$ - probably still get the same result.

POLARBEAR666 23-11-2005 05:52 PM

Sorry to rain on your parade blues but it is only certain areas that have the water contamination...mainly the princeton estate reclaimed land area... . my bore in stirling is 60m deep !!!!! 2m wide concrete tube going down with a ladder to the bore which then goes down another 20 or 30m to the water. I think whoever buuilt my house was keen on not running out of bore water first. Also.. I have no stains on my walls of fence.

BLUES 23-11-2005 06:09 PM

you're an expert on Acid Sulphate Soils now?

Have you priced up a 60m deep bore for domestic purposes??? You'll probably need a mining licence whilst you're at it....

Bruce 23-11-2005 06:30 PM

I've got poo (iron) stains all over my newly built place in Coolbinia...even planned for it with the bore & retic but it is unavoidable in my area! :confused:

POLARBEAR666 23-11-2005 07:22 PM

All im saying blues is that on the water quality issue you could very well be wrong.. i live 4 mins from NVRENUF and only about 800m away. So he probably gets the clear good water I get.

I havent priced up a super oil rig bore like mine cause the builders who built my house put it in in 1982.

Ethos 23-11-2005 10:40 PM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]All im saying blues is that on the water quality issue you could very well be wrong.. i live 4 mins from NVRENUF and only about 800m away. So he probably gets the clear good water I get.

I havent priced up a super oil rig bore like mine cause the builders who built my house put it in in 1982.[/QUOTE]

acid sulfate soils are more common than you know...
you only get water contamination if the soil containing the iron suphide is exposed to air through earthworks...this oxidation causes the groundwater to be acidic and hence will leech out heavy metals from the surrounding soils...and thus contaminating the groundwater...

City of Stirling is one of the area effected by the acid sulfate soils and the government is doing extensive groundwater monitoring...you can see the iron stained pavements etc...

Well thats your lesson in environmental geology :D