Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-03-2009, 02:29 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Remnant at standard level
Default My boss is a dick.

Well, my boss is a dick..
Just wondering if anyone has any job positions available, would love an apprenticeship if available.. The reason im saying this is because my boss gave me a sheet to sign a while ago saying what im todo for my job. I signed it because I thought it was fine.. Not long ago he gave me another one saying all extra jobs im todo for the same pay, including repairing an servicing equipment. I told him I don't feel comfortable signing that and he got angry and started saying if you dont trust me i dont want you working here. Also, if you don't feel that this is right blah blah find another job, well just replace you..
Then after that he came out said this is the last well talk of it and gave me another sheet of paper. I can't go into details about this atm cos im at work still but yeah.. Hes a dick...

If anyone has anyting, pm me and ill send a resume.
I love manual work, have hr, and forklfit ticket.
Old 25-03-2009, 02:42 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

these things you would be doing instead of other things?
ie working the same amount of time?
Old 25-03-2009, 02:46 PM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

Are you his boss? You're a dick!
Old 25-03-2009, 02:46 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Time wise and everything the same, but the duties include servicing our forklift, compressor, repairing ad servicing customer equipment, gardening and such outside and around.
These things I don't mind doing in my spare time, but I tried to tell him I don't feel comfortable signing the sheet saying im happy todo all the extra work without being compensated. I tried to tell him but he got angry and kept cutting me off arguing the point.. So yeah, I have wanted a new job for a while now, but I think the sooner the better..
The thing is, I wanta job I can live off, so something that WILL lead to earning a decent wage such as an apprenticeship, or ta / offsider, something that would help. The problem is, it's really hard at the moment to find work, so I thought I would ask on here mostly just hoping for one lucky opportunity =(
Old 25-03-2009, 03:48 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

fmx_rider at standard level

It's not like your working longer hours, different hours etc. I tend to agree with Smokey's questions.

Job criteria, duties change all the time imho...get used to it. Obviously the more duties you have the more time it takes so your boss can't expect you to complete everything in same timeframe, although most people also get quicker as they become more experienced in things to compensate.

I guess the only exception is if your doing work [for an extended period of time] for which your not getting enough remuneration for the type of work your doing...but I mentioned *for an extended period of time* as I would want to see how a person performs extra tasks above their *current* duties before I give them an official promotion and new official job criteria.

Obviously if a boss is getting you to do work that is above your pay level for a long time, then they are taking advantage of you. If they are getting you to work above your skill level, well that is just dangerous/stupid.

Just my $0.02.
Old 25-03-2009, 03:50 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Mmmm, doesn't change the fact that I want to learn a proper trade :P
You have to understand though.. I called him a dick not because hes asking me to sign it, but hes pretty much threatoning to fire me if I don't sign it..
Old 25-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

I agree. He's a dick. Why should you do extra duties unless you're somehow compensated. Unless every other employee is being asked to do extra duties, then in that case, its different.

More work = More time = Wage Increase

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me
Old 25-03-2009, 05:02 PM
STI Master

reflexwrx at standard level
Wink

All this talk about DICK got me thinking. I got the feeling that if you possibly sucked his dick he would be a little more flexible with the duties sheet. You could even find yourself up for promotion and pay rise. I recall you saying you like hands on work, this is the answer!!! This would definitely be HANDS ON. There is always the chance that he might not want you to use your hands. Everyone has there own preference, just adjust your technique to suit your employer.
[email]brendanstiling@iinet.net.au[/email]
[url]www.brendantiling.yodel.com.au/[/url]
Old 25-03-2009, 05:08 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Don't forget to buy a few nice big snapper fillets and distribute them round the office before you leave. e.g in air con ducts, remove cover of PC, place fillet inside etc etc.
Old 25-03-2009, 05:37 PM
STI Master

Mike at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed
Don't forget to buy a few nice big snapper fillets and distribute them round the office before you leave. e.g in air con ducts, remove cover of PC, place fillet inside etc etc.
'

You sir are a legend

Tags
boss, dick