Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   happy birthday to me. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/25709-happy-birthday-me.html)

nachjoe 26-03-2009 03:24 PM

hey Hi_VoLtAgE can you tell me if the air bags went off? when I crashed mine they didnt, same as when my mate crashed his..its kinda interesting..and scarey :S

Glad to hear your ok..anyone thats had an accident in a wrx will know that its a very safe car to crash in...the seats worked wonders for me

mr_psi 26-03-2009 03:54 PM

very safe car to crash in.... hmm that doesnt sound quite right.

Hi_VoLtAgE 26-03-2009 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=nachjoe]hey Hi_VoLtAgE can you tell me if the air bags went off? when I crashed mine they didnt, same as when my mate crashed his..its kinda interesting..and scarey :S

Glad to hear your ok..anyone thats had an accident in a wrx will know that its a very safe car to crash in...the seats worked wonders for me[/QUOTE]

nah mate they didnt.

nachjoe 26-03-2009 07:22 PM

yeh ok it sounds odd...but U know what I mean..like volvos have a good safety rep kinda thing

nachjoe 26-03-2009 07:22 PM

shit..do you think that seems odd? wonder what the impact has to be for them to do off? looks like u had a pretty hard hit?

GX-REX 26-03-2009 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=nachjoe]shit..do you think that seems odd? wonder what the impact has to be for them to do off? looks like u had a pretty hard hit?[/QUOTE]

Doesnt look that hard a hit to me, could be wrong though. Bonnet is the thing that gives that appearance. It is alloy and they bend very easy. Bumper, fiberglass and they also disintegrate over nothing. Looks like the bumper had no reo behind it?
Can see the end of the chassis rail and from the looks of it its not too bad. Probably up for a new upper rad support, bonnet, guard, grill, bumper, headlight, FMIC core and possibly a rad?

How fast were you going, how hard a hit was it?

blitDz 26-03-2009 07:56 PM

Haha what i meant was, "bloody Volvo drivers" in reference to them getting in the way, pulling out in front etc, etc. "bloody SUV drivers" cant see over their front when looking to pull out of a corner, just being bigger than me etc. No disrespect meant. Just trying to lighten up what would otherwise be a upsetting thread. Same would apply to the SS commodore driver who would yell "get a real car" at me. "bloody commodore drivers"

BN01 26-03-2009 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=nachjoe]shit..do you think that seems odd? wonder what the impact has to be for them to do off? looks like u had a pretty hard hit?[/QUOTE]

Takes a lot more than that to set an air bag off.

Having an airbag go off in your face, from what im told, is not a pleasant experience (black eyes etc possible). So you'd kinda want the impact to be worth it.