Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Budget 2009 (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/26604-budget-2009-a.html)

ACE 13-05-2009 03:56 PM

[QUOTE=JME]Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance - someone should email that to Wayne.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more Jamie, although I thought the first 'P' was for Proper, not Prior.

How's the Paolucci Empire going in these tough economic times? Working on Murray Street I've seen Paolucci numberplates on a new Bentley and a pretty shmick looking Lambo Roadster.

Looking for some more employees by any chance?> :wave:

EXPLICIT 13-05-2009 04:07 PM

Proper Prior, either either same.

We're treading water like anybody else currently. Be it 1 million or 100 million, if you overcapitalise, these are the times that will 'expose' you for lack of a better word.

Will be looking for a property manager or two in about 12months time :icon_joke

Trexx 14-05-2009 10:00 AM

Rudd , Gillard and Swan are flying on the Executive Airbus to a gathering in Canberra when Rudd turns to Gillard and says, chuckling,

'You know, I could throw a $1000 bill out the window right now and make someone very happy .'

Gillard shrugs and replies, 'Well, I could throw ten $100 bills out the window and make ten people happy.'

Not to be outdone, Swan says, 'Well I could throw a hundred $10 bills out the window and make a hundred people happy.'

The pilot, who had overheard all of this, rolls his eyes and says to his co-pilot, 'Such arrogant jerks back there. Heck, I could throw all three of them out the window and make 21 million people happy.'

vyper 14-05-2009 02:45 PM

Has anyone considered the energy part of the budget? Mr Energy Minister at work once again...

$2.4bil to low emissions coal..Read: Geosequestration. They seem to be pushing solar quite hard as well. Money which could be spent better in other energy initiatives imo.

Smokey 14-05-2009 02:57 PM

I think its pushing shit uphill getting labor away from coal with jobs the way they are. Would be suicide for them. Probably see something come to fruition in 4-5 years. I did notice they threw some cash at the SKA though :)

EXPLICIT 14-05-2009 03:46 PM

Uranium technology, keep pushing coal till 2020, by which time the uranium initiative will be well underway and utilizing safe technology - and its also in our own backyard. May as well support the next commodity boom.

tuna 14-05-2009 04:21 PM

ditto, we arent short of landfill space either.

kaka-dont.

vyper 14-05-2009 08:19 PM

Agreed. It's interesting that combined cycle gas hasn't had a strong push to bridge the gap between coal and nuclear. As for nuclear, use our own reserves and dump the waste up north. Not much to contaminate in the middle of the desert.

Also disappointing that solar has seen a harder push than wind seeing as wind has become so economical.

deviant 18-05-2009 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=AWDmoke]Unfortunately, it's our lives that depend upon it :(

Oh well, if I end out joining the other million+ unemployed, at least I will get the overly generous benefit payments too. With the wife & 4 kids, the [B]total of all payments is nearly $60k[/B]. I could stay at home and work on my cars...[/QUOTE]

Welcome to a future under Labour. Unemployment is going to rise but with a very very generous system that pays out benefits in [B]cash[/B] the motivation for people to get back to work and contribute to society is removed...so those that are in work end up propping up a society of people that are just being lazy.

[QUOTE=slappy]I'm going to be getting made redundant after 6 years at my job (web designer for a miner) but I have been expecting the down turn too so will be fine. Still sucks though, I hope it doesnt take too long for things to return to a sustainable level of growth.

Glad I didnt listen to my financial adviser
"maximise your debt, everything gets more expensive, buy an investment property now" I just put more into my mortgage instead. Wonder how many people went bust because of financial advice.[/QUOTE]

A young woman my partner works with DID listen to her advisor (her now ex-boyfriend!).
She was advised to take a $100,000 (yes...one hundred thousand Australian dollars) loan to invest. She spent the last few years struggling to pay off the interest but stuck at it in the hope that the $100K would turn in to some serious money over the next 5-10 years.

The company she did this investment with just contacted her recently and said "Look your $100K is now worth not very much and is not likely to get any better so we reccomend you give up on it."
They have offered her a package where the company will call off the debt however she has to pay off the fees and a percentage of the interest the loan would have accrued....$35,000.

So she has not made a cent and has been left with having to take a personal loan for $35,000 to just try and clear the original debt.