Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Purchasing a car from Dealer's only auctions (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/27444-purchasing-car-dealers-only-auctions.html)

pete gopal 22-06-2009 03:20 PM

Purchasing a car from Dealer's only auctions

As the title says...I'm not a dealership by all means however I want to buy a car that's being sold at ManheimFowles auctions and it's meant for dealers only.

If you are a dealer and you are prepared to spend a few hours of your time to buy me such car, let me know and you will be recompansated ;)

tuna 22-06-2009 04:09 PM

i'm sure its not hard to get a dealers licence?

Rossco 22-06-2009 04:09 PM

Pm me the make and I'll see if I can hook you up Pete.

pete gopal 22-06-2009 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=tuna]i'm sure its not hard to get a dealers licence?[/QUOTE]

dunno how hard it'd be to get one Stace but im sure you'd have to get an ABN, possibly register for the GST and other shenanigans, unless you have one and are able to help me out? :)

tuna 22-06-2009 04:23 PM

heh dont look at me, i own enough cars without needing a DL!!

DAN682 22-06-2009 04:24 PM

Yeah it's not too hard, you just need to sit your DOCEP Salespersons license for a few days, then sit the dealers license for a week or so and then have an area registered for your DL and then you get one for a little bit more than that afterwards ;)

Find somebody who can help, much easier :)

hamgatan 22-06-2009 04:29 PM

no offense but i just bought mine from an auctioneers that was supposed to be to dealers only as well.. and i scored the bargain of the century.

it cost me a bottle of JW Gold Label for them to look the other way.

i'd find someone in there thats willing to let the vehicle go for a fixed price beforehand and throw down cash and booze.. you'd be surprised how quickly these rules and requirements to be a dealer just vanish.

pete gopal 22-06-2009 04:34 PM

[QUOTE=tuna]heh dont look at me, i own enough cars without needing a DL!![/QUOTE]
:D

[QUOTE=DAN682]Yeah it's not too hard, you just need to sit your DOCEP Salespersons license for a few days, then sit the dealers license for a week or so and then have an area registered for your DL and then you get one for a little bit more than that afterwards ;)

Find somebody who can help, much easier :)[/QUOTE]

well you hooked us up with Adam when i was buying that Mazda last time but for him to go all the way to the airport...I'd probably need to pay him 8hr shift @ dealer principle rates which mean it'd :ky:

matthews 22-06-2009 04:35 PM

Give this guy a call. Mate of mine tell him Matt Schoof sent ya.
WA Car Locaters - 0418 918 420

pete gopal 22-06-2009 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=hamgatan]no offense but i just bought mine from an auctioneers that was supposed to be to dealers only as well.. and i scored the bargain of the century.

it cost me a bottle of JW Gold Label for them to look the other way.

i'd find someone in there thats willing to let the vehicle go for a fixed price beforehand and throw down cash and booze.. you'd be surprised how quickly these rules and requirements to be a dealer just vanish.[/QUOTE]

No offence taken...especially if you're keen to name the person you've spoken to and who was willing to help out a "dealer" like you and me :)