Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   BP Mprley - Police Check (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/27912-bp-mprley-police-check.html)

mARC 18-07-2009 10:54 AM

BP Mprley - Police Check

Sup Guys,

Just thought I'ed let you know that BP Morley is being used to train probies in random police inspections.

There are almost always patrol cars there now, both marked and unmarked doing random inspections whilst you are filling up.

When I was there out of the 6 cars that recently pulled up, they only targeted the two WRX's in the lot.

One informed me that I needed an engineers certificate for the piller mounted pod gauge I have installed and also informed me that the permit that I got from East Perth Licencing Centre was invalid.

I played yes sir no sir.

Could someone please edit the thread title to read Morley, cheers

scoobygez 18-07-2009 11:05 AM

Yeah what they probably meant with that was its invalid now you have the gauge.....

glad i aint up there!!!

norwest_rumbler 18-07-2009 11:13 AM

either way pillar mounted gauges just askin for trouble

XT43 18-07-2009 11:28 AM

So does BP now go and sue the WA police force for loss of revenue because no sane person will go there for fuel?
If it was my business I would be having a crack.
That or polietly telling them to fuck off.

Fozzy 18-07-2009 11:41 AM

I think you will prolly find its more random or less sinister than you think.. Or there has been a spate of fuel drive offs or stolen vehicles in the area..

Shinobiken 18-07-2009 12:53 PM

I've always go there and never seen any cops. but now that i've said it...

mARC 18-07-2009 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=Fozzy;378163]I think you will prolly find its more random or less sinister than you think.. Or there has been a spate of fuel drive offs or stolen vehicles in the area..[/QUOTE]

I'ed believe that if the cars werent reverse parked in non-adjacent bays, and why does a police officer need to scan and do licence checks to ensure that people don't try to steal fuel, your number plate is right in their face, and you'ed be stupid to attempt to do a runner with a police car mear steps away from you.

Over the past week I have seen them there quite often, and at the time I was thier, there would have been at least 5 probies inside the shop (you can tell probies as they have a smug look about them, where as more seasoned police officers dont have this look), and two marked patrol cars.

I know they checked me and the guy in the other WRX out due to them automatically jumping on the two way when we both rocked up.

I dont in any way want to come off as being a smart ass, but thats just wrong cornering people like that, training operation or not.

norwest_rumbler 18-07-2009 01:10 PM

good to see cops being proactive imo

Fozzy 18-07-2009 01:15 PM

haha Marc.. I love how people get their goat up when cops let them off with out booking them or giving the a yellow.. WHAT WANKERS GIVING YOU A WARNING AND NOT BOOKING YOU!

Sorry mate you have no idea..

Cops dont use the radio to do a check there is no need for it.. They have computers in the car they just type the rego in.

Trust me when I say older coppers can have the smug look also.

As pointed out by Mr Rumbler they are being proactive.. What if you car was stolen from around the corner and they pulled in there to get fuel would you be whinging then?

teejay 18-07-2009 01:19 PM

Fozzy is nark!

Nark's looking out for other narks!

<3

Seen cops there tons of times, never seen them inspecting cars though.

Do you wear your hat on angle and wear a unit shirt?