Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

View Poll Results: Did you have a noisey 4 legged friend??
I have a mutt. 37 57.81%
I don't have a mutt. 27 42.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-07-2009, 02:09 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

slg at standard level

I had a brand new un-insured dirt bike stolen, wankers walked straight passed our very protective pit-bull, through 2 gates and into the deadlocked shed...and out again.

We also had someone enter the house and steal all of my sisters underwear, pit-bull and german shephard at the time didn't wake up...some sick weirdos out there.

Also had my car stolen from in the garage, had a british bull dog at the time, car gone forever, un-insured...deaf dog though so that may not count?

My view of thieves is rather low, too many more experiences other than these few

P.S. no insurer wanted to know about me back in the day, something to do with a poor record...
Old 21-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

I remember a few years back that some guys got busted after a crime spree and the coppers found a map in their house with all the houses that had dogs in their local area. Must influence their decision in some way..
Old 21-07-2009, 02:11 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Tommosaurus at standard level

The dog let us know that there was someone here so they didn't get much (wankers broke in while we were eating dinner in the back room!). It was only a little puppy, but it could smell abo, and made enough noise to let everyone know, he did his job well.
Old 21-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

well the time it happened at house across from me and one down the road was between 1 and 3am, an they didn't have dogs.
Old 21-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Flat Four Father

One thing everyone should have is Night arming on the alarm. that will wake u if someone trys to get in.
Old 21-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

grumpyrex at standard level
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinga View Post
I'm a real smart dog owner.......

Heard my previous Rotty going mental outside went to investigate and couldn't find her, thought she had jumped a fence somehow so here i am hollering for her to come to me, little did I know she had some drugged up fuck bailed up round the back of the house, she finally came and then he promptly smashed a window and grabbed some shit off the table in about 5 secs and bolted, man what a dumb fuc#er I felt!!!

Moral of the story, don't leave shit on tables for people to see and more importantly if you dog is going nuts don't call them to you, she was a wild bitch too so he could have been in trouble. Only saving grace was he smashed the window with a hammer which he left behind so it could have been the Rotts head I guess
Reminds my of a story I read about a police dog that was sent into an abandoned house to search for a suspect. When the officers went in they found the dog barking madly at his reflection in the mirror of an old wardrobe. While the dog handlers mates were giving him a ribbing about the fact that maybe he should get himself another dog, someone decided to open the wardrobe where they discovered the offender hiding. morale of the story : TRUST YOUR DOG!
Old 21-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Sir AntiLag

WHITEMY08 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorotsuki69 View Post
I like labs but heard they're not that good as guard dogs because they're too friendly?
Did you train yours ?
Pretty much any dog can be trained to alert, He is friendly if you know him or we are present but he will let you know if someone is there or if he doesn't like them.
As far as training him goes we have never gone ape if he barks, we call him in and give him a pat and tell him thats enough, he did his job.... dogs are meant to bark (within reason)
Old 21-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Flat Four Father

My dog is friendly as, though does alert to everything.
Hates the post man, and if someone comes on the property she will bark until she can see us talk to the person. and know that we know the person, never really thought much of it until this thread actually not bad lol
Old 21-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Tim, ur defo doing the security on my new place... :P I want a monitor on my wall like you have!!

We had someone attempt to break in a few years ago. Dog was out the back at the time, but they didn't make alot of noise until they started trying to get in, at which point, the house alarm sensor spotted them and started going off, and the dog heard them make a noise, and started going crazy. They got out of the gate before i got from the alarm to see which zone was activated to the back door.
Old 21-07-2009, 03:19 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

deviant at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF View Post
One thing everyone should have is a sawn off shotgun.
Edited for accuracy.

Tags
bag of lime and a shovel, bash_yuo!, broken, durry slury petrol dingo ole slut, i ams teh ewarrior, i'll fight ya!!!!, my dogs a great shag, noongar's did this, raah look how manly i am, robbing niggaz, scoobygez is irrelevant, scoobygez makes my brain hurt, stop dogging scoobygez an get a real job, well ard meow, who needs a dog when i have scoobygez?