Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Liquid Limestone/decking (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/28754-liquid-limestone-decking.html)

MANN 27-08-2009 08:52 AM

Liquid Limestone/decking

G'day guys

Anyone here had liquid limestone and decking done at their place? and if so experiences/cost per sqm?

The limestone is for the driveway and the decking is for the alfresco

Cheers

Nico

pete gopal 27-08-2009 09:49 AM

try exquisite limestone, done my driveway thru them...top bloke and really good price. Cant remember $ per sqm but the whole driveway (and she is pretty big) + some footpaths to the house + seal and clean was about $4k. I did nothing, they prepared the site and etc

MANN 27-08-2009 09:56 AM

[QUOTE=pete gopal;389046]try exquisite limestone, done my driveway thru them...top bloke and really good price. Cant remember $ per sqm but the whole driveway (and she is pretty big) + some footpaths to the house + seal and clean was about $4k. I did nothing, they prepared the site and etc[/QUOTE]

Sounds good bud, i found another thread about limestone and that name came up also, will give them a call

thanks mate

pete gopal 27-08-2009 09:59 AM

your more than welcome to come and have a look at my driveway...i'd say it's around 50-60 sqm but the little footpath to the house is quite complex (roundabout sort of thing) so he gave me a real good price for it

WRX-911 27-08-2009 11:32 AM

just dont use this guy trust me still trying to get him to fix mine after nearly 2yrs

[url]http://www.limestoneart.com/[/url]

builders registration board is onto it now.

perthzed 27-08-2009 01:48 PM

I am a DIY dunce and I've done the decking on 2 of my houses now, can send u some pics if u like. It's a piece of piss. It took me just over a day. I downloaded some info from Bunnings and went from there. But if you've got the cash and can't be fucked doing it then get someone in.

Hi_VoLtAgE 27-08-2009 02:52 PM

price fluctuates depending on mud but average between $47-$57 m2.
i used to work for exquisite. customer satisfaction always a priority with Leon.

pete gopal 27-08-2009 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=Hi_VoLtAgE;389171]price fluctuates depending on mud but average between $47-$57 m2.
i used to work for exquisite. customer satisfaction always a priority with Leon.[/QUOTE]

yup leon designed the whole thing for me and it looks very good. Everyone that comes to my place asks about it. Quick question mate, i do have a fine crack line running on the side is there anyway of fixing it? can hardly notice it so if it's troublesome i'll just leave it

urabus 27-08-2009 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=pete gopal;389190]yup leon designed the whole thing for me and it looks very good. Everyone that comes to my place asks about it. Quick question mate, i do have a fine crack line running on the side is there anyway of fixing it? can hardly notice it so if it's troublesome i'll just leave it[/QUOTE]

Just leave it. The stuff is pourus anyways so it wont do any damage. Only reall way of fixing it is cutting into it about 30mm and about 15 - 20mm wide and filling it with sikaflex. Not worth worrying about.

If you were particularly anal and wanted to replace the panel it would never match up because of the differences in the mud. No fault of the installer.

Brendon

pete gopal 27-08-2009 07:24 PM

[QUOTE=urabus;389213]Just leave it. The stuff is pourus anyways so it wont do any damage. Only reall way of fixing it is cutting into it about 30mm and about 15 - 20mm wide and filling it with sikaflex. Not worth worrying about.

If you were particularly anal and wanted to replace the panel it would never match up because of the differences in the mud. No fault of the installer.

Brendon[/QUOTE]

cheers Brendon,

yeah Leon's defiantly not at fault there, it was my idea to narrow the passage between the driveway and a circle that runs around a tree in front of my house. Back than he said it'll probably crack (even though he chucked extra support in there) i didnt really care and even now i dont mind but if it was easy enough i would do it, if not...crack's a crack and who cares. Besides I'm sure one or two more will pop up when i get my hands on the prado and start driving up and down the driveway :D