Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Mechanics... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/29252-mechanics.html)

fa7boy 22-09-2009 07:51 PM

Mechanics...

My daily 2007 Jeep Cherokee is due for a major service at 48,00kms. I'm thinkin to put it in at Wanneroo Jeep to get it done but I was wondering does anyone know any good mechanics that will do a good job?

Thanx in advance

redlib 22-09-2009 08:04 PM

yer my work. give us a call

5 star auto service centre
9249 7027

GX-REX 22-09-2009 08:21 PM

I hope if you go to Wanneroo Jeep you have a better run than I have with them.

axle 22-09-2009 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=GX-REX;396458]I hope if you go to Wanneroo Jeep you have a better run than I have with them.[/QUOTE]

My in-laws were charged over $1000 for what as a relatively basic routine service on a PT Cruiser at Wanneroo Jeep. No timing belt type major stuff just a usual service that would be around $600 at normal dealer pricing. :(

They won't be going back, but at the end of the day its up to you.

fa7boy 22-09-2009 08:50 PM

[QUOTE=axle;396461]My in-laws were charged over $1000 for what as a relatively basic routine service on a PT Cruiser at Wanneroo Jeep. No timing belt type major stuff just a usual service that would be around $600 at normal dealer pricing. :(

They won't be going back, but at the end of the day its up to you.[/QUOTE]

yeah man... they quoted me roughly the same figure too.. dont know how good they are... to be honest... its the first jeep i've owned...

[QUOTE=redlib;396453]yer my work. give us a call

9249 7027[/QUOTE]

hey man... where about is your work...? do you know how much roughly for a major service at 48,000kms for a 2007 Jeep Cherokee... auto... 3.7L Petrol

redlib 22-09-2009 09:59 PM

work in malaga, not really sure how much, dont really do all the pricings and that, i just work on the cars mate, ring and you will find out.

Rossco 22-09-2009 10:33 PM

[QUOTE=fa7boy;396470]yeah man... they quoted me roughly the same figure too.. dont know how good they are... to be honest... its the first jeep i've owned...[/QUOTE]

From Someone who knows the brand.....I bet it will be your last jeep too....

The NAG1 gearboxes leak and use synthetic oil.

Blower Motor: Most KJ models were recalled for faulty ac/heater blower motors that could potentially start a vehicle fire.

Aircon air direction doors fail / recirc flap fails (dash out job)

BE sure ALL the recall re-works have been done!

scary 23-09-2009 08:41 AM

[QUOTE=Rossco;396505]From Someone who knows the brand.....I bet it will be your last jeep too....

Blower Motor: Most KJ models were recalled for faulty ac/heater blower motors that could potentially start a vehicle fire.

BE sure ALL the recall re-works have been done![/QUOTE]

I agree 100% owning a Jeep has been the worst vehicle experience I have ever had.
Take it to 4wd USA in Bayswater they are definatley cheaper than the dealers! The radiator will be the next thing to go. I can hardly wait until the kids have finished destroying the Jeep so I can get rid of it!

fa7boy 24-09-2009 07:28 PM

[QUOTE=Rossco;396505]From Someone who knows the brand.....I bet it will be your last jeep too....

BE sure ALL the recall re-works have been done![/QUOTE]

yeah man... heard that from a few people after a i purchased the vehicle... so far *touch wood* I've haven't had any problems... but i guess only time will tell...

thanx for the heads up anyways...

fa7boy 29-09-2009 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=redlib;396453]yer my work. give us a call

9249 7027[/QUOTE]

yo man.. That number doesnt work...