Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   hotels in viet nam (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/29259-hotels-viet-nam.html)

jedi_luke 22-09-2009 10:30 PM

hotels in viet nam

hey guys

traveling to Viet Nam in a couple of months and im looking at hotels at the moment so wondering if anyone has a good recommendation.

i want to stay in nha trang and Saigon so if anyone has any good recomendations let us know!!

also if anyone has any recomendations of things to do post it up

cheers :)

JDM_STYLE 22-09-2009 10:39 PM

Speak to "FOZZY" Scott as he's just spent a hole month over there
and has stayed at quite a few places.

Should have just stepped off the plane in Perth actually. :D

jedi_luke 22-09-2009 10:55 PM

oh okys will do :)

elemist 22-09-2009 11:07 PM

Hmm i was over there for a month or so couple of years back. Only spent a couple of nights at a hotel one weekend, the Windsor Plaza, Ho Chi Minh City. 5 star, very nice and cheap as, although you'll find everything over there is cheap!!!

Make sure you take the ferry from HCM down to a place called Vung Tau, it's relatively smallish but has some amazing scenery and places to visit. Also Check out the cu chi tunnels and war memorial. The presidential palace is also pretty cool to see too.

EVL WRX 23-09-2009 09:16 AM

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE;396509]Speak to "FOZZY" Scott as he's just spent a [B]hole[/B] month over there
and has stayed at quite a few places.

Should have just stepped off the plane in Perth actually. :D[/QUOTE]

Key word :D

wilkem01 23-09-2009 09:43 AM

I was there in January for about 3 weeks.
We started North and went through to the south. Booked accomodation at beginning and end and just figured out the rest as we went. It's easy to get accomodation over there and you'll find it cheaper if you get the hotel you are staying at to book ahead for you.

If you get to the North stay at Hanoi Phoenix i think it is called. Rooms were decent, but the manager was an awesome guy, hooked us up with accomodation in nha trang at about 2/3 the price it was online. as well as some internal flights. Cost about $12 US a night, twin share.
Also, definately do Ha Long bay if you go north. Highlight of my trip. Tour company we went with was Columbus travel.

We went to Nha Trang and found it over rated, it seemed essentially like the 'Phuket' type area of Vietnam. Went to the theme park and wandered the town but was glad we only spent a couple of days there.

Another awesome spot is Hoi An, there are some day trips you can do to see some of the old ruins and temples etc, as well as it being a bit quiter so you can hire a bike to ride around. Do a cooking class if your there, definately worth it as well as get some suits made. Tailor capital of vietnam. 'Yaly' is a good spot for suits. Plus there are beaches etc.

Saigon we stayed in some 5 star place, which was really nice and cost about 100 - 150 US a night i think, but I couldn't see the value of it. the hotels we stayed in throughout the trip were generally 3 star costing 20 - 40 US and were fantastic. Unfortunately I can't remember names of them all, but if you PM me the missus might be able to find them.

hope that helps.

JDM_STYLE 23-09-2009 11:16 AM

[QUOTE=EVL WRX;396570]Key word :D[/QUOTE]

Wondered if someone would pick that up ;)

gmastah 23-09-2009 01:53 PM

Hcmc just stay within district 1 along pham ngu Lao road is what they call backpackers area slot of eateries close by slot of nightlife and clubs memorial grounds and cho Ben thanh which is like markets if you need more info let me know and yes I'm Viet lol

gmastah 23-09-2009 01:55 PM

Sorry for the crapy iPhone typos n corrections

WHITEMY08 23-09-2009 04:53 PM

[QUOTE=elemist;396519]Also Check out the cu chi tunnels and war memorial. [/QUOTE]

I loved the propaganda vids, top notch laughed my arse off with about 40 other drunk pussers.