Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ned at standard level

nah this happened down south in manjimup
Old 13-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Sir AntiLag

Autopilot at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682 View Post
set up a camera looking out the window
Wake up in the morning wondering why you camera has been stolen.
Old 14-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Sir AntiLag

Okibi at standard level

I have a few cameras setup, few months back caught a guy looking into all our cars for something to steal. I think the cameras also act as a good deterrent, the crim sees that they're already being filmed walking in your yard and piss off. Some criminals even carry their own video cameras to check for IR lights/night vision cameras.

Don't use your big fuxoff maglight even if it's switched on, a lawyer will claim you bashed the other person with a lead filled metal tube. Use something that a court would accept as being laying at hand when you needed to defend yourself ie. golfclubs next to the front door, breaker bar/screw driver/fishing knife in the garage or your car.

In W.A. you have the right to defend yourself or your property in any means that you can justify were required to avoid injury to yourself.

If your dog attacks a burglar tell the cops you told the dog to attack because you feared for your safety, the dog was doing what it was trained to do. If you say your dog just attacked the burglar they classify the animal as dangerous and have it put down.

Each junkie needs steal a lot of stuff to support their habit. If these people keep coming back at least you'll get a chance to catch them on camera, chances are they're known to the local cops.
Old 14-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Sir AntiLag

Insome at standard level

Good point to be noted as well, if you do have a fair sized dog on your property, remove all beware of dog signs... Even though this is a warning, in a court of law, it will work against you as they will say you are already admitting that your dog is dangerous... Bs i know, but these days, the crims have more rights then the home owners do. In saying that, I pity anyone that comes onto my property and walks away will all limbs lol Good luck though keep us all posted.
Old 14-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Anyone got any proof that defending yourself with a maglight needs to be on / warning signs for dogs etc etc etc or is this all just chinese whispers?

If someone is breaking into your property, why can't you defend it?

If all this is true, something is seriously wrong with this state.
Old 14-01-2010, 09:25 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

matthews at standard level

I don't know about the touch but have heard it before about the dogs. I think it will only be an issue in America at the moment but won't be long before people start suing for everything here to. The average oxygen thief wont think of suing.
Old 14-01-2010, 09:29 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Papa Het at standard level

I always hear conflicting stories but I think the general consensus is that there is not much excuse for having a sports bat or heavy blunt object next to your bed but it is reasonable to have a torch near your bed which may happen to fall to hand if you need to defend yourself. A 1kg fire extinguisher might also happen to be mounted on the wall in your bedroom, fires can break out anytime so its better to be safe

Only a fool would keep a bat of some sort near their bed anyway...they are friken useless as a weapon in an enclosed space.

I also believe that the law is written to allow you to defend yourself but its not written to allow you to beat the crap out of someone stealing your TV or car (your not in personal danger) and it certainly does not allow you to chase someone down the road and then beat them up.
Old 14-01-2010, 09:55 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Het View Post
I always hear conflicting stories but I think the general consensus is that there is not much excuse for having a sports bat or heavy blunt object next to your bed but it is reasonable to have a torch near your bed which may happen to fall to hand if you need to defend yourself. A 1kg fire extinguisher might also happen to be mounted on the wall in your bedroom, fires can break out anytime so its better to be safe

Only a fool would keep a bat of some sort near their bed anyway...they are friken useless as a weapon in an enclosed space.

I also believe that the law is written to allow you to defend yourself but its not written to allow you to beat the crap out of someone stealing your TV or car (your not in personal danger) and it certainly does not allow you to chase someone down the road and then beat them up.
Fire extinguisher FTMFW !!!!! Irreversibles spec
Old 14-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Anyone got any proof that defending yourself with a maglight needs to be on / warning signs for dogs etc etc etc or is this all just chinese whispers?

If someone is breaking into your property, why can't you defend it?

If all this is true, something is seriously wrong with this state.
Our friends had a horse aggistment out the back of orange grove and they had a dog aptly named rambo, he HATED darkies. Anyway they had a beware of dog sign and this slightly dark chick came onto the property to look at her horse and Rambo tore her apart. They were sued and the dog was put down as they admitted he was dangerous with the signs.
Old 14-01-2010, 11:21 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Tommosaurus at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear View Post
fark! what area was that in?
It was in Westminster, which is just a fancy name for Balga. I guess it's not surprising for that area, but that shouldn't happen to anyone, regardless of the suburb.

Tags
burglar