Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Arhhh sure are alot of fuckheads walking about! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/33545-arhhh-sure-alot-fuckheads-walking-about.html)

Silent 11-04-2010 02:05 PM

blooody hell!, need panel beater!

Hey guys

Recently i had decided to buy a newer model WRX (possibly the 2011 next year) and i decided to part with my 02 bug eye WRX, i bought a daily which was a FTO and was written off in the storm, and now i purchased a 01 SP20 323 Mazda as a daily to drive around.

I know i have no luck with cars, but this is ridiculous. 1st week i had the car some fuckhead decided to give the driver side a boot. Now i know NOTHING about panel beaters and the process but if anybody has any knowledge could you recommend any panel beaters that do a good job without costing a metric fuckton as its only a daily driver. Having only owned the car for 1 week i can't bare to look at it like that already. Second time my car got fucked at Burswood, 1st with my WRX now with my daily.

There is some minor paint damage as circled in the 2nd photo, so i can't just try and punch it out, the paint is slightly cracked, so where to take it, and in your personal opinion roughly how much to fix?

NOTE: the marks on the photos are just dirt not scratches, circled in the 2nd photo is where the paint is cracked

[IMG]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1693/11042010112.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/9537/11042010111.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8003/11042010110.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers

Adrian

Strubaru 11-04-2010 02:32 PM

your 'third leg' reflection in the last pic is freaking me out :D

i personally would take the interior door trim off and see if it can pop back out from the inside, you will no doubt still be left with a crease or two but it will look a shitload better in the interim

Silent 11-04-2010 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=Strubaru;446042]your 'third leg' reflection in the last pic is freaking me out :D

i personally would take the interior door trim off and see if it can pop back out from the inside, you will no doubt still be left with a crease or two but it will look a shitload better in the interim[/QUOTE]

haha :Darhh i see, i will try that 1st, but yeah i need a few panel beaters SOR and roughly cost. Just got the car for 1 week, the "new car" feeling is quckly fading haha!:icon_tong

Giddyup 11-04-2010 06:48 PM

Nice thongs.

i hide psi 11-04-2010 06:55 PM

better to go wreckers and get a new door and try and get the same colour

Alternate 11-04-2010 07:05 PM

psi might be on the money methinks.

The lack of respect people have for others property is almost enough to make you want to leave your car locked in a garage all the time. I just had to polish mine to remove scratches from the boot from some dopey shit putting their groceries on my car and dragging them off before putting them in their own car

Jezza 11-04-2010 07:09 PM

I have the same kinda dent from a carpark on my wrx :(

I hope karma fucks them brutally in the ass without lube.

MY05GT 11-04-2010 07:19 PM

hey mate sorry to hear about your car, i always use ' Vulcan pannel and Paint' in Canningvale, only a small shop but they always do an excellent job, been there many times, owner there is Sam, top bloke ph 9456 3311

i hide psi 11-04-2010 07:40 PM

i reckon go wreckers and see if they hav same colour door will be easier and less hassle

apg39 11-04-2010 08:02 PM

...yeah we know, you said it already.

Silent 11-04-2010 08:39 PM

[QUOTE=STI 117;446129]hey mate sorry to hear about your car, i always use ' Vulcan pannel and Paint' in Canningvale, only a small shop but they always do an excellent job, been there many times, owner there is Sam, top bloke ph 9456 3311[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that mate, will give them a ring, and as for PSI i'll look around for a 2nd hand door panel too. Yeah i know it pisses me off too, but what can i do once again money i don't have to spend! :(. Hopefully karma comes back to them

Thanks all who replied.

Adrian

norwest_rumbler 11-04-2010 08:55 PM

i rekon mario @ ding king would get most of that out for 100 or so & he can reccomend a mobile paint guy or at least give you some straight up advice.

Silent 11-04-2010 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=norwest_rumbler;446176]i rekon mario @ ding king would get most of that out for 100 or so & he can reccomend a mobile paint guy or at least give you some straight up advice.[/QUOTE]

It looks abit big though? worth a shot though i guess

norwest_rumbler 11-04-2010 09:26 PM

size doesnt really matter, access to the back of dent would be very good which is the main thing.
the worst part looks to be the crease at the top but mario got one out of one of my cars that was quite similar.

anyway, just thought i would mention it.
cheers

mARC 11-04-2010 09:43 PM

With a colour like that going to the wreckers and using a match is going to piss you off even more as its going to look hideous! also being an FTO you're going to pay a crap tonne more then the repair costs due to all the unnecessary parts you'll be buying 'recommend this to a soarer owner and watch them shit bricks'.

If you're comfortable with your handy man skills the way to repair that would be with a flat pain hammer and dolly (a solid metal block that's roughly the same shape as the door), though not having worked on an FTO before I don't know if the intrusion bar is going to cause you grief (you may have to release the glue between the intrusion bar and the door skin, or the intrusion bar may be positioned in such a way so you'll need to use a lever instead of a dolly).

If you simply just punch it out it'll cost more to fix as you'll just be stretching the metal, as can be seen around the outer edges of the dent are what's called 'high spots', with the rest of the dent being a 'low spot(s)', so in order to bring the low spots up one must 'with the right force applied', tap down the high spots 'slowly working your way around and watching what happens to the low spots as you're doing this', in order to bring the panel back as close as possible to its original shape.

I doubt you'll be able to bring that back without having to fill it or crack the paint 'mainly due to the crease at the top'.

Another thing to consider before tackling this job without the right skills is stretching the metal. As can be seen with almost all cars of today, when applying even the smallest amount of pressure to a panel it flexes, so if you don't hit the high spots in the right place, all you'll be doing is stretching the metal even more (eventually turning the panel into a Rolf Harris Wobble Board), which is just going to cost more to fix due to the additional time needed to shrink the metal back.

If you require a good honest panel beater that does top grade work shoot me a pm as my father has a small two man operation panel shop in Maylands and 'current workload prohibiting', may be able to fit you in.

Cheers.

Jess84 11-04-2010 09:54 PM

hey i know how u feel....my car (06 Mazda 3 SP23) was tagged by some idiot while my car was parked at the station while i was at work....(had to put in a police report but they say they prob wont find the culprit)....my first car was a 2 door corolla (imported from japan from previous owner) and some dude in a 4wd hit it while parking into the bay next to me and just drove off...thst is only to name 2 out of the 4 or so things that have happened to my car that other ppl have done and i have to pay for
so sick of paying to fix my car when it not my fault :(

blurex 12-04-2010 09:24 AM

Parking at Burswood.. never a good idea...shit i've seen people doing to other people's cars..

Silent 12-04-2010 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=blurex;446283]Parking at Burswood.. never a good idea...shit i've seen people doing to other people's cars..[/QUOTE]

Yeah mate i' think 'll stop parking there, once is bad luck, 2 is a bad omen there hahhaa

blurex 12-04-2010 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=Silent;446371]Yeah mate i' think 'll stop parking there, once is bad luck, 2 is a bad omen there hahhaa[/QUOTE]

Yea, I would rather wait in the long taxi queues...not too long ago, just as i lock my car i see a bunch of guys walk past a BMW, stop look at it and out of the blue start vandilizing it, breaking widows, jumping on top of the car ect,..then they just stopped and walked away, looking really happy with themselves, I got in my car and dropped it at a friends hse in vic park, took a taxi back...

Northbridge is another hotspot as well.....

sheldon harris 12-04-2010 05:50 PM

[QUOTE=STI 117;446129]hey mate sorry to hear about your car, i always use ' Vulcan pannel and Paint' in Canningvale, only a small shop but they always do an excellent job, been there many times, owner there is Sam, top bloke ph 9456 3311[/QUOTE]

yea they are good,i live next door to the owners brother who works for sam.good guy good deals

Bones 12-04-2010 08:02 PM

dude thats some bad luck... doesnt matter where you live, same on the eastern states.

mum had a moron in a 4x4 side swipe her gsr cordia a few years back while trying to pull into the way to small of a park next to hers... he then reversed out drove up a half a dozen bays and parked on other side i guess so you couldnt see damage to his 4x4 from where she was parked, got out and proceeded to walk into the shopping centre without leaving a "sorry i was a a$$ and swiped ya car heres my details note for insuarnaces". lucky for mum on that day an unmarked copper in his unmarked patrol car was parked in carpark eating lunch and witnessed the whole incident got the guys details cooee'd the guy over, gave him a ticket for not leaving his details and waited for mum to come back to her car and told her what had happened!