Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

WHOOOOOOOOOOOA! Ease up turbo.
He's just passionate about his hobby.

I don't DJ; I'm a drummer. However I mix/master my band's songs/demos with my headphones, as well as use them for some live cover gigs where i get click track, me live and also foldback all through the headphones.

I use AKG 271 MkII They're closed-back with very little sound-bleed out.... and most importantly, in. This is great as it means you don't have to crank your foldback in your ears to get over the outside music coming in. It'll save your ears a little
http://www.akg.com/site/products/pow...nguage,EN.html

If you're after some real decent sound quality as well as something which is very effective at cutting out the background noise, I find these are great.
It has a solid range and doesn't colour the music much. Some may say it lacks a little bass. That's certainly not to say it can't play it; it's just not pounding you like some other headphones can (I say again, it doesn't colour the music much.) What many people may interpret as a lack of bass is what I actually believe to be simply an accurate mix of the original music! If your mix is featureing a lot of bass (which, as a DJ, it would) then the 271 will play it ACCURATELY and quite low too.

When I practice singing harmonies and want to hear my voice not just in my head, I can slip one ear cup back just a little. The ear pad is nice and wide, so when I do that it means I can still hear the audio coming through that headphone but also let the outside noise into my ear through a small (or any size you want to make it) crack - all the while the phone is fairly secure over my ear; it's unlikely to slip from the position you've moved it to.

I know nothing about DJ-ing, so maybe that's absolutly the norm (slipping cup back but still over the ear). All I know is I'm just sharing experience from a similar-styled application of the headphone. Hope it helps.

Have a listen to them. I know Kosmic Cannington stock them for a listen. Bear in mind they won't be broken in.
Old 29-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

m.beneit at standard level

Thanks for all the feedback, i brought the pioneer hdj-2000 off another member. I dj trance (uplifting tech) Another mate i practice with has a set of the technics 1210 and loves them tryed using them plently of times and couldnt get use to them. have used the 2000 before and sound qualty are so much better then the hdj1000.
Old 30-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Sign me up!
82 of 200

_daz_ at standard level

honestly, now that i've seen the price of the Sennheiser' compared to what i was expecting to pay from Headphonic...i'm prob gonna nab a set...excellent 'phones at a better than exellent price!!! (and here i was thinking Headphonic were good value)

That wasn't a U-turn! It was two consecutive right hand turns.
Old 30-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Sir AntiLag

stefan at standard level

ive got 2 pairs of Technics 1210's (headphones) and i have no reason to complain about them. there awesome! bit of a price tag on em but you pay for what you get

Tags
dj, headphones