Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Perth's Most Haunted!!! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/34962-perths-most-haunted.html)

NVRENUF 13-06-2010 12:14 AM

Perth's Most Haunted!!!

Ok well here is a Midnight thread to start haha!!

Sitting here Watching most haunted on foxtel once again has me interested
Always have been,

who here does this interest and have any experience around here in Perth.
Most of you probably going to laugh but hey, what ever haha.

I have seen little tours like this [url]http://www.fremantletrams.com/ghostly.html[/url]

But saying that tours dont usually interest me because they are put on., something about being somewhere when your not meant to makes it more real.

Any way im sure there must be 1 or 2 people here that has a slight interest in this topic and would be keen to hear your thoughts.

astralex 13-06-2010 05:05 AM

I am by no stretch of the imagination a believer in 'the unexplained phenomenon' or anything like that. But for 6 or 7 years I lived very close by to the town of Kapunda in South Oz, which was named the most haunted town in Australia. Most of the so called hauntings were at the Kapunda girls reformatory before it was bulldozed in 2004 or something like that. The official story is that a girl there by the name of Ruby Olive died during a gallstone operation gone bad in 1909, but the very few documents from this place insinuate that the girl actually died from complications of childbirth, etc etc, raped by a somewhat cruel priest who ran it. That's the story anyway. Not being a big believer I never paid too much attention to it, however having actually been to the reformatory/cemetery before it was demolished, it was a pretty eerie place. Even for a skeptic, being there at night really wasn't the most pleasant of experiences. Not in Perth I know, but something interesting none the less.

silver_opal 13-06-2010 06:55 AM

Fremantle Prison was creepy when I went through there on a tour with my son's school class.
The hanging room made my skin crawl.

gumby 13-06-2010 07:47 AM

[QUOTE=NVRENUF;461981]
But saying that tours dont usually interest me because they are put on., something about being somewhere when your not meant to makes it more real.

Any way im sure there must be 1 or 2 people here that has a slight interest in this topic and would be keen to hear your thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this kind of thing interests me as well, but I do agree, the tours do have that fake feel about them.

miss_petepie 13-06-2010 08:53 AM

also interested in this kind of thing.. i know ninjawrx marc also gets involved :)

would be keen to go out and find places like this in perth..

Rexy03 13-06-2010 08:57 AM

A young female cousin of my wifes, living in the UK had a ghost whom she could see and talk too, this went on for quite a few years untill my wife and children visited the UK, there was an upset caused by the family of the young girl and after my wife returned to Australia the ghost was never heard off again, the young girl say`s her ghost was upset by what had happened and went to Perth with my wife on the plane.............................

I just hope its not living in my house.

AJAYJAY 13-06-2010 09:18 AM

[QUOTE=miss_petepie;461996]also interested in this kind of thing.. i know ninjawrx marc also gets involved :)

would be keen to go out and find places like this in perth..[/QUOTE]

im interested in this stuff aswell

and also wouldnt mind but shit myself on looking for a few haunted places also

gorotsuki69 13-06-2010 09:40 AM

there is a thread here from ninjawrx about ghosts and he posted pics as well.

Did the Port Arthur night ghost tour in Tassie couple of years ago and there was nada,zip. My wife who gets scared easily didn't even feel creeped out.
Freo prison felt creepier than Port Arthur.
Creepiest for me but not in Perth was visiting the underground WW2 bunkers in Okinawa

TopGear 13-06-2010 09:51 AM

what I dont get is these haunted places always go on about the people that died there, people die everywhere! I don't believe in Ghosts, that we can see anyways lol.

NVRENUF 13-06-2010 09:53 AM

Yeah I would defiently be keen on a group Exploration.

I know my mrs wouldnt go becuase she doesnt even like watching the tv shows haha. But It has always fasinated my but never have had any experience to see.

as probably most cases 99% nothing happens, but hey be a fun night out giving it a go.

I thought i read once somewhere there was a House in munster but never found the address.