Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Sports Prescription Eyewear (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/35000-sports-prescription-eyewear.html)

Soksta 14-06-2010 05:40 PM

Sports Prescription Eyewear

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

For those who play sports and require the use of glasses, I'm quite curious to know what you wear? and where you obtained them from?

I'll be playing indoor soccer again shortly and being a goal keeper has seen my glasses coming off far too often.

So the need for either strap on frames or goggles is a must, to that end I haven't been able to find much around the city or at any of the major sports stores.

Something like the adidas evil eye explorer would be perfect but I've yet to find these in Perth at all.

ImPreSiV 14-06-2010 06:52 PM

I play indoor cricket and just wear my normal specs. I have oaklies, and they seem to stick on my face no matter what. Why don't u just get contacts for sport?

Soksta 14-06-2010 07:04 PM

Have tried contacts in the past, eyes don't seem to like them so they are pretty much out of the question.

dotdotdot 14-06-2010 07:12 PM

Yeh i'm in the same boat when playing basketball, haven't found much around Perth in terms of nice goggles had to make do with daily contacts which are a pain. Broken too many glasses so i would be interested if you find some alternative

PsYcHeD 14-06-2010 07:34 PM

Maybe try a different brand of contact lenses. Not all are equal.

gorotsuki69 14-06-2010 07:42 PM

used to get my contacts rubbed out of my eye in BJJ
got Lasik done now it's all good
cost $6000 though

dotdotdot 14-06-2010 07:55 PM

Yeh a friend just did her eyes $6k too, not bad for a life investment but still... if i had wasn't studying still and spending money on the car, definitely an option. /jealous

t0fu 14-06-2010 10:55 PM

[QUOTE=PsYcHeD;462428]Maybe try a different brand of contact lenses. Not all are equal.[/QUOTE]

agreed.. i will try to post up a website my friend showed me where you can order contacts online for alot cheaper than the shops (obviously you have to know your degree/strength and sizing if you have astigmatism like me boo)

Golding 14-06-2010 11:29 PM

[QUOTE=Soksta;462412]Have tried contacts in the past, eyes don't seem to like them so they are pretty much out of the question.[/QUOTE]

my eyes were the same originally, but i find after a while you forget they're in.

I use daily contacts for pretty much everything that i don't want to wear my glasses for. including race my dirt go kart (dust flys up under the helmet into my eyes and its no major issue).

RobBah 11-07-2010 10:40 AM

I have a pair of Oakley where I had the lens changed to fit my script. The change was done by Oakley themselves (took about two weeks). Looking at them, you couldnt tell the difference. It cost (aprox) and extra $150 on top of what you would normally pay for the glases by themselves.
Generally speaking, the glasses stay on, as opposed to falling off when you least want them to.
RB