Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   private health insurance (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/36771-private-health-insurance.html)

Bgwrx 04-09-2010 04:11 PM

private health insurance

just wondering what private health fund people are with and what their experiences have been with them. i ask this because i may have to get my wrist operated on and i dont have private cover at the moment which could mean a pretty decent bill to pay and some time away from work.

Pimpreza 04-09-2010 04:22 PM

Pre existing injury usually won't be covered for 1st year if at all, I've had no probs with HBF.

Alternate 04-09-2010 04:24 PM

yeh, something like that you will have to wait at least 12 months before you could claim that. Im with HIF, pretty good, although I only have extras cover, not hospital.

DAN682 04-09-2010 04:30 PM

I was with HBF, however they were hell expensive and didn't give great coverage.

I am now with GMHBA and have been since 2002. Their absolute top cover is what I was paying for mediocre cover with HBF. I have made several claims with them and it has been as easy as paying the excess and rolling on into hospital. They also do ambulance cover in most of their levels.

I am able to get cheap HIF at work but GMHBA is still cheaper than all.

With a pre existing injury though, I would be anonymously calling whoever you look at and ask them if it will be covered. I say it wont be, so have the injury after you get cover :)

Just about all private health funds have a 12 month period that you wont be able to claim much.

Bgwrx 04-09-2010 05:13 PM

cheers for the advice, i think im going to to with GMHBA and see what happens from then on with my wrist. the wrist can wait id rather get some more mods on my car done first

Shodown 04-09-2010 06:06 PM

Wrist injury eh.......

DAN682 04-09-2010 06:10 PM

[QUOTE=Bgwrx;486503]cheers for the advice, i think im going to to with GMHBA and see what happens from then on with my wrist. the wrist can wait id rather get some more mods on my car done first[/QUOTE]

Good choice mate

Please do me a favour and tell them member 6771 recommended you :)

ImPreSiV 04-09-2010 06:40 PM

I'm with HBF, mainly because my mrs works for them, so I get the top cover for next to nothing. Other than specatcles, I haven't really ever had to claim much, so I can't say if they are or are not a good company to be with.

p1nKcL0cK 04-09-2010 10:39 PM

might be abit late..

but when i was looking around last year, a frens missus (who works in hospitals as a pharmacist) told me that comparing most of the bigger private health insurance companies medibank private gave the move bang for buck (ie for the price you pay they had more cover, espc when it came to hospital cover).

i eventually went with them, but then again, like kym i never really claimed much - excp for glasses and the free dentist clean every now and again.

i am with MBF now, as the missus gets free corporate cover for both of us.

GTB Liberty 04-09-2010 10:52 PM

+1 for GMHBA. Excellent coverage for the price.